Author Topic: WxFlash demo setup problem  (Read 12040 times)

Offline wxcrw

• Castle Rock Weather.org
WxFlash demo setup problem
« on: September 15, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »
I've followed the setup instructions, but when I click "Lock" it kick me out of the editor, back to the default page. What I just added can't be see. When I go back into the editor my changes are no longer there. What am I missing?

Default user/pass have at it.
http://www.castlerockweather.org/WxFlash
Castle Rock Weather
www.castlerockweather.org

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
Re: WxFlash demo setup problem
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
This is usually an indication that permissions are not set correctly on the server.  All files and folders should be set to 777 at the beginning.  They can be tightened up once you have it working.  Give that a try and let us know.

Are you using ASP or PHP?  If PHP what version?
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline wxcrw

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 04:09:05 PM »
Removed last post comments...

I just read Jay's upgrading PHP 4 to 5  thread. I'm not upgrading, but I am running PHP v5. I've modified the scripts per Ken's suggestion, and now at least my weather elements are saving.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:22:00 PM by wxcrw »
Castle Rock Weather

Offline Meteorologica

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »
Support is via ourselves at http://www.meteorologica.co.uk/contact.asp since we are the software authors for WeatherFlash.

Offline wxcrw

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »
Support is via ourselves at http://www.meteorologica.co.uk/contact.asp since we are the software authors for WeatherFlash.

Please edit your WFevelhelp.php file. Page 4 section 2. To say what version of PHP your product does and doesn't support. PHP 5 isn't new.

2 HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
WeatherFlash is an interface to Ambient’s Virtual Weather Station and is
designed to run with Virtual Weather Station Internet Edition v11.03A or
better.
You may host your own web server or use a remote one. There are no extra
requirements of the web server except that it needs to be able to run Active
Server Pages or PHP so that you can customize the interface.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:30:24 PM by wxcrw »
Castle Rock Weather

Offline Meteorologica

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 05:37:36 PM »
The current eval version on our website supports both PHP4 and PHP5, there are special scripts included for PHP5 and details are in the help file.

One other thing, please note that this forum does not usually get checked regularly so please do not expect us to see messages such as this and respond to it as it is not the support mechanism for WxFlash.

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »

One other thing, please note that this forum does not usually get checked regularly so please do not expect us to see messages such as this and respond to it as it is not the support mechanism for WxFlash.

Ken or one of the admins:  I wonder if you might want to make the above comment a sticky? Specifically, that although members here are more than happy and ready to help with WF questions and problems, Meteorologica does not frequent the forum, so questions intended for Meteorologica's eyes should be sent through Meteorologica's support page. Just a thought. :-)

Many questions about WeatherFlash were addressed on the other forum, and Tim W. often frequented that forum and answered questions there personally. Unfortunately all that great info is now lost, and if Meteorologica doesn't frequent this forum, then we have lost a very valuable resource for resolving WF problems. Hopefully over time we'll see the database of WF help topics grow on this forum now that the other forum is gone.

Regards,

Kevin...
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

Offline donato

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 12:43:35 AM »
This is usually an indication that permissions are not set correctly on the server.  All files and folders should be set to 777 at the beginning.  They can be tightened up once you have it working.  Give that a try and let us know.

Are you using ASP or PHP?  If PHP what version?

Hi I have the same problem, I modified the file permissions to 777 but the page does not hang, I use ASP

excuse my language and thanks

Offline Arqbispo

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »
I'm having a similar problem. I have copied the WeatherFlash to my server and configure it to use PHP.
When I access the URL a page saying that it is an Unregistered Version.
I click on the padlock and the enter the username and password "Ambient", but nothing happens.
I tried to change the permission to 777 and nothing.
What can I do?

Thanks

Offline Arqbispo

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »
My mistake, the correct username is Ambient and the password User.
Now I have another problem the only display available is the configuration display, how to show a display to the general public?

Thanks