Author Topic: Ambient WS2090 & Weather Underground Troubleshooting  (Read 4755 times)

Offline flash43

• Deep Fry
Ambient WS2090 & Weather Underground Troubleshooting
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:21:44 PM »
- Hey, everyone! I'm new to the wxforum. So I registered my weather station on Wunderground, downloaded the latest edition of Cumulus...and I still can't get data to reflect to Cumulus/activate my station on Wunderground. Station ID/password have been input correctly into Cumulus and my clocks are synced...plus I've followed each step in online manuals I've been able to find...so if anyone out there can help, that would sure be appreciated! I know most probably has a 2080, but if anyone has used a 2090 and can help, that's be wonderful. My station ID (in case this helps) is: KTNNASH46.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:23:22 PM by flash43 »

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Ambient WS2090 & Weather Underground Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:50:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  :)

Ensure your WU ID entered into cumulus is all caps  KTNNASH46.  WU is very picky about that.

Remember that it's a holiday weekend, and if something at WU need to be done manually, it will probably be Tuesday.

Good Luck!  :)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:40:42 AM »
Maybe something in here will help to narrow it down. Do you have the "Fine Offset" choice selected as station type? Since you say " I still can't get data to reflect to Cumulus " I'm assuming your console data isn't getting into Cumulus, not alone getting through and out to Wunderground.
Hope you get it.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
Entering KTNNASH46 in WU gives
There has been an error!

City Not Found

We're sorry, but the page you have requested was not found.

The search for "KTNNASH46" did not return results.

I would have thought if KTNNASH46 was correctly set up/registered that it would show but without any data.

Are you able to get any data to show in the Cumulus console?

Paul

Offline flash43

• Deep Fry
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »
Maybe something in here will help to narrow it down. Do you have the "Fine Offset" choice selected as station type? Since you say " I still can't get data to reflect to Cumulus " I'm assuming your console data isn't getting into Cumulus, not alone getting through and out to Wunderground.
Hope you get it.

Yes, I set the station type to "Fine Offset", so I'm sure the problem falls into the "console data" category. I'll holla on this thread once I get it up :-)

Offline flash43

• Deep Fry
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:08:17 PM »
Entering KTNNASH46 in WU gives
There has been an error!

City Not Found

We're sorry, but the page you have requested was not found.

The search for "KTNNASH46" did not return results.

I would have thought if KTNNASH46 was correctly set up/registered that it would show but without any data.

Are you able to get any data to show in the Cumulus console?

Paul

Paul, I haven't been able to yet. Just zeroes across the board. I'll give it another 'go' this week. FTR, the Cumulus I downloaded is the most recent version.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:33:09 PM »
Is all the sensor data displayed on the console but it doesn't go out from there to the PC and Cumulus? If this is correct can you unplug the USB cable from the PC, wait a minute and, plug it back in with the PC recognizing it (Device Manager sees it)? If yes, you may have a Cumulus setting issue. If no, then you need to get the PC to "see" the connection first before Cumulus will.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:17:15 PM by DanS »

Offline flash43

• Deep Fry
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »
Is all the sensor data displayed on the console but it doesn't go out from there to the PC and Cumulus? If this is correct can you unplug the USB cable from the PC, wait a minute and, plug it back in with the PC recognizing it (Device Manager sees it)? If yes, you may have a Cumulus setting issue. If no, then you need to get the PC to "see" the connection first before Cumulus will.

Okay so my cumulus is responding as well as the Weather Station itself. Now it's just a waiting game to see if Weather Underground can pick it up.  :grin:

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »
Ok, since Cumulus sees the data, can you confirm the data is going out on regular intervals (time settings in Cumulus) by watching modem/router lights flash at the same interval? An example would be Cumulus set to update every 5 minutes then you should see some activity on your network modem/router every 5 minutes. Sounds like you're close. ;)

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 07:19:01 PM »
Where are You?   If Nashville Tn   The ID should be KTNNASHV46

KTNNASHV46   is showing    no data        If that is you correct your ID in Cumulus and it will probably work.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNNASHV46

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »
Where are You?   If Nashville Tn   The ID should be KTNNASHV46

KTNNASHV46   is showing    no data        If that is you correct your ID in Cumulus and it will probably work.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNNASHV46

and also the "About this weather station" section on the WU page shows "Lat: N 36 ° 6 ' 44 '' ( 36.112 ° )
Lon: W 86 ° 54 ' 57 '' ( -86.916 ° )
Elevation (ft): 764
Hardware: Ambient Weather WS-2090"  which indicates your station type as well. Can't verify the coordinates.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 09:28:38 PM »
Nothing showing up yet, so perhaps still a Cumulus setting or WU set up issue?  Have you double checked the Station ID and Password in Cumulus Configuration Internet Weather Underground is identical as your settings in the Weather Underground site?

Paul

Offline flash43

• Deep Fry
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »
Nothing showing up yet, so perhaps still a Cumulus setting or WU set up issue?  Have you double checked the Station ID and Password in Cumulus Configuration Internet Weather Underground is identical as your settings in the Weather Underground site?

Paul

Well, I figured out I wasn't reflecting the daylight saving time change into my WS2090, so I fixed the time misalignment. Also, my coordinates in Cumulus were off (used 'E' instead of 'W')  ](*,) I know...lame on my part.  :oops: Now, with Cumulus up and running well, my actual station out in the field may need a battery change. Cumulus is saying it's not picking up the censor. Almost there indeed!  :-)