Weather Software > ImageSalsa/MovieSalsa

Imagesalsa - CPU Usage

<< < (3/3)

Davidb:
Ozziefirebee,

How did you reduce vws's cpu usage?   Did you just move the 3 position slider in programme settings  to low?

David

Ozziefirebee:
Yes, flicked cpu resources down to low, but also found some data logging running that I was not using, or were updating every few seconds or minutes eg csv files, globe, etc. I'm still getting cpu usage wrong ! I now see VWS using 5% or less, with IS using up to 50% but I am doing time lapse etc, one Logitech Quickcam webcam. Cheers

Davidb:
"found some data logging running that I was not using, or were updating every few seconds or minutes eg csv files, globe, etc."

Hello Again,

how do you check the data logging?

I have jpegs updating every 1 minute,  files ftp'ing every 10 mins ( dosn't make a big difference on ftp usage when I watch them together)

Also I don't use weatherflash.  Is it something to do with wunderground perhaps?

David

weatheroz:
I've been using IS for years, and also I run it with Weather Display quite okay.

I use a Spectra 8 card for camera capture, but the drivers only work under XP, so I've had to put it on another box with XP on it, which I use for my amateur radio stuff.

CPU wise, with 3 cameras running it does hover around 20 - 30 % most of the time, and sometimes it jumps to over 50% cpu.

I'm currently inbetween homes, sold the last, waiting to get new one built, so have no cameras running so I put IS back on to the Win7 box that my station is running on (disabled the canvases that were camera ones), and uses very little cpu.

Glad to see there's still a support section available for the ImageSalsa group.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version