Author Topic: Detail/Summary Scripts for Saratoga PHP Templates  (Read 13168 times)

Offline andy135

• Chelmsford Weather Station
Re: Detail/Summary Scripts for Saratoga PHP Templates
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 10:24:20 AM »
Hi Murry,

Thank you, yes it does display data out of the Saratoga template!

It was due to a change I made in the header and is fixed now - well done!!!!!

Thanks for all of these great scripts and I really appreciate your very quick response :grin:

Andy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:35:06 AM by andy135 »

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
I have an issue with the script not "rolling" over to 2015.  If I tack on a "?year=2015" to the http://ourlocalweather.org/wxtempdetail.php file I get the 2015 data but the drop down is not available.

http://ourlocalweather.org/wxtempdetail.php?year=2015

I know I'm missing something simple just don't know what it is.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

CW3699

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 07:44:37 AM »
I have an issue with the script not "rolling" over to 2015.  If I tack on a "?year=2015" to the http://ourlocalweather.org/wxtempdetail.php file I get the 2015 data but the drop down is not available.

http://ourlocalweather.org/wxtempdetail.php?year=2015

I know I'm missing something simple just don't know what it is.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
It will show 2015 tomorrow. Since the NOAA report does not yet have complete data for a day in 2015, 2015 is not displayed as an option.
Murry

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 07:54:40 AM »
Thanks Murray, thus the Note that the data is updated after midnight each day. ](*,) Knew I missed something simple.

CW3699

Offline Mearns

• Glenbervie Weather
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »
Murry - I've been using your excellent scripts for about 18 months but with a change of weather computer this month my March NOAA reports are all fouled up - I think with February data in my March reports - and I can't sort it.  It's a long story....

So I am manually recording each day's March figures with a view to inserting them in my wxreports032015.csv file at the end of the month when hopefully everything will be stable and back to normal with the change of month. 

So to the point of the post - the only thing I can't work out is where to insert the daily dominant wind direction in the csv file.  Also what are the HDD and CDD abbreviations for in the header line?
Tony
Glenbervie, North East Scotland, http://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Vantage Pro 2 - Weather Display 10.37S Build 81

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
Murry - I've been using your excellent scripts for about 18 months but with a change of weather computer this month my March NOAA reports are all fouled up - I think with February data in my March reports - and I can't sort it.  It's a long story....

So I am manually recording each day's March figures with a view to inserting them in my wxreports032015.csv file at the end of the month when hopefully everything will be stable and back to normal with the change of month. 

So to the point of the post - the only thing I can't work out is where to insert the daily dominant wind direction in the csv file.  Also what are the HDD and CDD abbreviations for in the header line?

Tony, the HDD and CDD stand for Heating Degree Days & Cooling Degree Days. The wind direction data would go in the Wind Direction column of the wxreportsmmyyyy.csv. If your wxreportsmmyyyy.csv does not have a Wind Direction column, you can add a column with Wind Direction in the header row or use the wxreportsmmyyyy.csv file from the current version of the wxreports.zip.
Murry

Offline Mearns

• Glenbervie Weather
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Murry.  I'll update my wxreportsmmyyyy.csv file - I must still be using the original one.
Tony
Glenbervie, North East Scotland, http://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Vantage Pro 2 - Weather Display 10.37S Build 81

Offline gdlmus

• Meteo Turbie
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 10:22:24 PM »
Hi Murry,

Trying to use your wxreport script on my website under construction.  Working local but with all necessary sample files.

I did install wxreports in a sub folder, not wanting to be drowned in hundreds of files at the root.

All links are set ok, even had to add     $SITE['self'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; in Settings.php for it was not there.

Included             wx_reps/wxreport.php in a page at the root.

Never the less, the only thing I am getting out is:

Notice: Undefined index: in C:\wamp\www\xxxxxxxxxxx\wx_reps\wxreportinclude.php on line 201

Also for lines 204, 214 219 etc

Also, no css active on that page.

Thanks for the help.

Regards.

-= Guy =-

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 11:16:45 PM »
Hi Murry,

Trying to use your wxreport script on my website under construction.  Working local but with all necessary sample files.

I did install wxreports in a sub folder, not wanting to be drowned in hundreds of files at the root.

All links are set ok, even had to add     $SITE['self'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; in Settings.php for it was not there.

Included             wx_reps/wxreport.php in a page at the root.

Never the less, the only thing I am getting out is:

Notice: Undefined index: in C:\wamp\www\xxxxxxxxxxx\wx_reps\wxreportinclude.php on line 201

Also for lines 204, 214 219 etc

Also, no css active on that page.

Thanks for the help.

Regards.

-= Guy =-
The detail/summary scripts are addon pages for the Saratoga template. They need to be in the same folder as the Saratoga template files.
Murry

Offline gdlmus

• Meteo Turbie
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2015, 01:23:18 AM »
Thanks for the answer.

I'll figure it out my self.

I don't want 200+ files in the same directory.
This is a developper's nonsense.

Thanks again

-= Guy =-

Offline mexbound

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2021, 10:59:02 PM »
I know this is an old thread but just wondering if anyone is having the same issue I am.

I upgraded my hosting site to PHP 8.0.3.  I had some issues with the Saratoga templates especially ajax-dashboard6.php. I got through those issues and began to look at other possible PHP 8 issues on my site.  I use the wxreports ...  scripts (wxtempdetail.php) by Murry at Wildwood Weather.  I think these scripts are displayed perfectly and users can easily display any history they want. I really would love to use these scripts but currently they do not work in PHP 8.  My website is not live. I would love to get these scripts working before I go live. I am not a very good coder or debugger but I have time and patience to work with anyone to see if we can get these scripts working in PHP 8. I know in the future this is going to be asked for so why not address it now.

I have two hosting sites. One is PHP 7.0.33 and the other is PHP 8.0.3. I have both sites currently up and running the "EXACT" same code. I currently do not have the wxreports in the flyout menu of my sites because they arebroken, but you can access it directly via .../wxtempdetail.php:

http://darryl-gail.com/wxindex.php  or  http://darryl-gail.com/wxtempdetail.php        <--- this site runs PHP 7.0.33 and works

https://ajijicweather.com/wxindex.php  or  https://ajijicweather.com/wxtempdetail.php        <---- this site runs PHP 8.0.3 and errors

The PHP 7.0.33 site works perfectly. The PHP 8.0.3 site throws many errors. You have to give the 8.0.3 site at least a minute to display the errors. They will show up.

I have attached an error_log file. If anyone can help me step by step maybe we can get this to work in PHP 8.0.3.

Thanks for any help.  Also, if I should be posting this in any other forum or group, let me know if this is not the correct place for these scripts.

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2021, 03:32:22 PM »
Sorry, but I do not yet have access to PHP 8. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Murry

Offline mexbound

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2021, 03:52:12 PM »
Thanks Murry for the response. I'm glad to see that the 2015 thread still has lives.  When you get PHP 8 let me know and I will do whatever I can to help QA/test/test more, etc...  I just love those scripts and I don't see my site going live until I have them working on PHP 8.

Thanks, hope to hear more soon ...

Offline mexbound

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2021, 06:39:33 AM »
Since all the errors I was having were "WARNING" messages, I turned off error reporting and error logging for these scripts and they display normal now. Behind the scenes though there are many of these warnings occuring probably taking up resources. Ultimately these detail/summary scripts should be looked at and cleaned up.

anything