Author Topic: Sky/Current Weather conditions not appearing in the data.txt  (Read 2527 times)

jwyman

Sky/Current Weather conditions not appearing in the data.txt
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:48:43 PM »
All,
  I have noticed recently that the sticker.php script was not showing the correct sky/weather conditions icons. I looked into the data.txt where the data comes from and noticed NO data in field 13 which should contain sky/current weather conditions. Was something changed in the script? Or did I turn off something in VWS to make this happen. All the other data seems to be updating correctly...

Jim

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Sky/Current Weather conditions not appearing in the data.txt
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »
Nothing in the script changed AFAIK.  I think you may have to redesignate your primary conditions METAR source in VWS (first one in the list) to get the conditions back.  Or.. it may be that your selected METAR has no recent conditions...

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

jwyman

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
The METAR report shows the correct sky conditions.... But data.txt does not.....

jwyman

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 05:08:28 PM »
Update:
   I went into my climate settings on VWS and found that my climate report was not updating and that the VWS_stickertags pulls that data from ^climate_ccoords1^. I enabled updates on it and now i have the right info coming across. Thanks Ken...

Jim \:D/

anything