Author Topic: Best Macintosh Software and Hardware Combination for 10.13 and Beyond  (Read 2983 times)

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
After spending months of dealing with AcuRite's Access issues, I am giving up so I am looking for a new hardware setup to use with my MacMini weather set-up.

I currently use UnderTheWX and it works perfectly to report to WU.

Since Mac is doing away with 32-bit applications, I was concerned with WeatherLink.

Is there a great, quality combination with software that is 64-bit/10.13 and beyond?
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Is there a great, quality combination with software that is 64-bit/10.13 and beyond?

Well, for use with Davis stations (and maybe others too) Weathercat is the usual recommendation.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
Thanks…I saw where there was not much activity in the Mac Software forum and the one person was looking to move away from WeatherCat.

I was also looking at an Ambient station and saw WeatherSnoop 4 http://www.weathersnoop.com/ that looks pretty interesting but have not read too many reviews about the software.

Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
WeeWx runs on MacOS.

If you are looking for new hardware I'd say go Davis VP2+ or if you want something more reasonable then Ambient Weather WS-2902A. You won't need the Mac for the Davis VP2+ (just add USB logger and a Meteobridge) nor for the AW WS-2902A...unless you really want to run computer software. So if you really want to run software then WeeWx is a pretty popular recent choice. If you just want to upload to WU (and other services) then you can let the station just do it on its own and forget the software.

And if you want to expand what you can upload to online from the AW WS-2902A then you can add an ObserverIP, WS-1000-BTH, and a Meteobridge (or a WeatherBridge).

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:26:51 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Davis isn't going to do anything with its software as they have written in the past.   I am using Weathercat and Weatherdisplay and concerned as you are.   I also have Parallels with Win 10. there I have the Weatherlink for windows and the same with Wd.  I am not sure how that will all work out when Mojave comes aboard.      With a weather console,  I can adjust because I can see it, but with my two Envoys, it is a concern. 

anything