Author Topic: Firmware 2.25 is ready to download  (Read 6539 times)

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Re: Firmware 2.25 is ready to download
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 02:46:17 AM »
Hi, I recently bought a Davis Vantage Vue with wifilogger. It is installed and sending data correctly to wl.com. However the record of the maxims is well delayed as print appendix. It is now 14:30 and the maximum does not update, displays the max from 11:08. Since I didn't update anything, I probably have firmware 1.xx. Has this been fixed in any firmware updates? As I have old firmware, how do I upgrade? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
HiLows are being exported every 3 minutes, instead of real time data which is exported every 1 min (can be adjusted).
Please log to your WiFiLogger go to SETUP|SYSTEM and check your version.
If it 1.xx version, then update  is very special.
If it is 2.xx update is simple. It is downloading new firmware by itself when you trigger it in SETUP|SYSTEM, or in very old 2.xx you have to open http://WFL_IP/update
Newest version is 2.26, but it has no big changes.
- Windy.com should work on user key now
- Italian language is added to update option.

Offline gvspfc

• Blumenau/Brazil Wunderground
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2019, 10:03:06 AM »
Hi, I recently bought a Davis Vantage Vue with wifilogger. It is installed and sending data correctly to wl.com. However the record of the maxims is well delayed as print appendix. It is now 14:30 and the maximum does not update, displays the max from 11:08. Since I didn't update anything, I probably have firmware 1.xx. Has this been fixed in any firmware updates? As I have old firmware, how do I upgrade? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
HiLows are being exported every 3 minutes, instead of real time data which is exported every 1 min (can be adjusted).
If it is 2.xx update is simple. It is downloading new firmware by itself when you trigger it in SETUP|SYSTEM, or in very old 2.xx you have to open http://WFL_IP/update

First of all, sorry about my english.

Hope it can be understood.

It is probably in a very old firmware version, as it is not exporting every 3 minutes as you can see in the image. Weekend I will check the version and post again here. Hope you can explain me how to update if it is on the 1.xx version.

Thank you so much for now

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2019, 11:33:42 AM »

I installed 2.26, I tried the translated version in Italian but I then went back to the English version. In the Italian one the word 'tramonto' overlaps with the sunset time, moreover in real time data it doesn't let me see the weather forecast anymore

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2019, 12:11:49 PM »
I noticed an anomalies that I had already reported to which I cannot give an answer. I connected my wifi logger to the modem using the wireless B standard which from the tests I did, gave me more power. Only with the 2.25 firmware, the modem told me that the wifi logger would have a weak signal strength, while with 2.26 it returned to being good.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 12:08:27 PM »
I noticed an anomalies that I had already reported to which I cannot give an answer. I connected my wifi logger to the modem using the wireless B standard which from the tests I did, gave me more power. Only with the 2.25 firmware, the modem told me that the wifi logger would have a weak signal strength, while with 2.26 it returned to being good.

I don't test WiFiLoggers on B, because usualy I don't have to use B, but libraries from producer of WiFi chip are changing very dynamically. I am using always the newest stable version.
I am testing WiFilogger after that, but I can't make all tests in short time.
So I could believe that 2.25 had some kind of malfunction in libraries, when in 2.26 new version repairs that.

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »
The best value of low RSSI I get with the wirelless protocol in B, so I use that, that's fine

Offline gvspfc

• Blumenau/Brazil Wunderground
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2020, 11:55:07 AM »

Ok, my version was 2.16. Easylly updated to 2.26 and the max´s correctly being exported do weatherlink.

Offline Harish

• Chrompet AWS
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2020, 01:24:30 PM »
Hi,

I have recently bought wifilogger 2.0 with firmware version 2.26 for my davis vantage vue console. It was working fine for 1 month.
And now it is not updating data to weatherlink/wunderground once in a while and I have to press white button to make it online again. Also Wunderground rapid update is failing and when i checked the debug log, it has "Connection to rtupdate.wunderground.com failed" logs appearing often. Below are the sample logs.

RapidFire
Connection to rtupdate.wunderground.com failed
Renew RTD
Renew HiLows
RapidFire
Renew RTD
RapidFire
Client response time: 550
success

Is it an issue with Wunderground or with the wifilogger device? Also any idea why it should stop working once in a while and reset required? FYI.. I'm checking the debug log through web access "http://192.xx.xx.xx/debug".

Offline Herbaldew

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 04:35:58 PM »
I haven't noticed any outages, but I do check my interface page daily.  Maybe a week ago the WFL started to reboot nearly every time I tried to log in to it.  I am running v2.24.

When I read your post, I saw that you have the same error I was seeing in debug mode.  I have had rapid fire set to 5 seconds.  I changed that to 30 seconds and after around 10 tries the interface page has loaded normally.

Maybe something WU's end is to blame for both our problems?
VP2+ Wireless - 24 hr FARS

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2020, 05:37:45 PM »
I haven't noticed any outages, but I do check my interface page daily.  Maybe a week ago the WFL started to reboot nearly every time I tried to log in to it.  I am running v2.24.

When I read your post, I saw that you have the same error I was seeing in debug mode.  I have had rapid fire set to 5 seconds.  I changed that to 30 seconds and after around 10 tries the interface page has loaded normally.

Debug in version v2.24 was causing some problems. With v2.26 it is working much better. No issue with debug.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2020, 05:46:07 PM »
I have recently bought wifilogger 2.0 with firmware version 2.26 for my davis vantage vue console. It was working fine for 1 month.
And now it is not updating data to weatherlink/wunderground once in a while and I have to press white button to make it online again. Also Wunderground rapid update is failing and when i checked the debug log, it has "Connection to rtupdate.wunderground.com failed" logs appearing often. Below are the sample logs.

RapidFire
Renew RTD
Renew HiLows
RapidFire
Renew RTD
RapidFire
success

Is it an issue with Wunderground or with the wifilogger device? Also any idea why it should stop working once in a while and reset required? FYI.. I'm checking the debug log through web access "http://192.xx.xx.xx/debug".

I have seen the same. It is not WiFiLogger problem, but WeatherUnderground problem.
I remember that when WiFiLogger1 was released. There was a problem with CWOP.
cwop.aprs.net is an address to 7 different servers. 3 serves were rejecting data, so data was recorded in same patter as RapidFire now.
5 goes ok, then 1 not, then 2 ok, then 7 not.
I would like to wait some while, then start looking any issue. Server address is the same in any other software, like WeatherLink.com etc.

For rebooting:
Please turn on STAY ALIVE function in SETUP -> SYSTEM.
Stay Alive: Router & Google.
It will check Internet connection every 1 min to router and every 60 min. to Google server. Reconnect or/and reboot itself  if needed it.
I will turn this option as default with new firmware.

Offline Herbaldew

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »

Debug in version v2.24 was causing some problems. With v2.26 it is working much better. No issue with debug.

Debug isn't the problem - was just using it after the spontaneous reboot upon trying to access the interface page.  So far, still flawless with rapid fire backed off from 5 seconds.
VP2+ Wireless - 24 hr FARS

Offline Harish

• Chrompet AWS
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2020, 11:13:13 AM »

RapidFire
Renew RTD
Renew HiLows
RapidFire
Renew RTD
RapidFire
success

I have seen the same. It is not WiFiLogger problem, but WeatherUnderground problem.
I remember that when WiFiLogger1 was released. There was a problem with CWOP.
cwop.aprs.net is an address to 7 different servers. 3 serves were rejecting data, so data was recorded in same patter as RapidFire now.
5 goes ok, then 1 not, then 2 ok, then 7 not.
I would like to wait some while, then start looking any issue. Server address is the same in any other software, like WeatherLink.com etc.

For rebooting:
Please turn on STAY ALIVE function in SETUP -> SYSTEM.
Stay Alive: Router & Google.
It will check Internet connection every 1 min to router and every 60 min. to Google server. Reconnect or/and reboot itself  if needed it.
I will turn this option as default with new firmware.

Thanks. Will monitor sometime for Wunderground issue. Also kept the "Stay Alive" option. Will monitor frequent disconnection issue as well.

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2020, 02:02:11 PM »
I use the 'stay alive' feature and with firmware 2.26 I'm doing great. Very reliable

Offline Marcelo_Castro

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2020, 08:10:42 PM »

I don't test WiFiLoggers on B, because usualy I don't have to use B, but libraries from producer of WiFi chip are changing very dynamically. I am using always the newest stable version.
I am testing WiFilogger after that, but I can't make all tests in short time.
So I could believe that 2.25 had some kind of malfunction in libraries, when in 2.26 new version repairs that.
good night, can you give me the link for the Firmware 2.25 update, thanks.

Offline BigAlT

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2020, 08:18:44 PM »
The current update is 2.30. Go to the system page of your WiFi logger and choose update. Your WiFi logger will update itself.
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

Offline BigAlT

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2020, 09:40:56 PM »
I need the WiFi Logger 2.25 firmware, my memory is corrupted I don't have access to the setup, I will try to rewrite the memory, if you can help me thank you.Wifi
The last version of firmware  available for download is v2.0. This update actually consists of two separate updates. V1.24S and v2.0. You perform the update to v1.24S and save all of it’s html files on your computer as described in the instructions. Follow the instructions exactly or you may have problems.
 You can download v 1.45s and 2.0 and use them to install 2.0. Here is the link to download them http://www.wifilogger.net/support.htm, l click on either Firmware update server link ( either US or Europe ) and you can download the 1.45s and 2.0 software files.
after updating to v1.24S you need to update to v2.0. After updating to v2.0 you need to update it’s html files with the html files from v1.24S you saved earlier.
 After you have updated the html files and rebooted, your WFL will automatically update itself to v2.08. Make sure you wait at least 5 minutes or longer for the update to complete or it may not finish downloading the necessary files.
 After you have successfully installed 2.08, you can update to the current version by opening the browser page located at http://wfl_ip/update ( wfl_ip is the actual ip address of your WFL on your system assigned by your router ). Pick either the US or EU server and hit update. After updating to any firmware version 2.15 or above there will be an update button on the System page of your WFL so any future updates are simple to make.
Remember do not reboot your WFL after doing an update until the update is completed or it may not fully install.
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

anything