Author Topic: WeatherLink Live - no blue light  (Read 608 times)

Offline drdscly

• Bay Roberts Canada
WeatherLink Live - no blue light
« on: November 16, 2022, 01:10:08 PM »
My WL Live appears to be working OK and transmitting to the Davis servers, but the blue light stays off. Is this normal for an ethernet (as opposed to a Wifi) internet connection?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WeatherLink Live - no blue light
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 01:55:04 PM »
Mine is not ethernet as have it WiFi.  The blue light comes on when setting it up, but it eventually stops and then I can't recall seeing in until I do a reset, so mostly not on.  Does the green check mark Weatherlink Live Online and green-checkmark display in the Weatherlink App - your Account, Devices,  Network Settings?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline T-bold

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 04:34:34 PM »
yes...I mean the ethernet connected WLL stops after a time the blinking (which is very good)... the blue led and also the ethernet leds (maybe the ethernet leds blink when it is transmitting, but I didn't check).

Offline drdscly

• Bay Roberts Canada
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »
Thanks people. Yes - I have the green checkmark and all appears well.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 05:07:04 AM »
The blue LED does seem to activate from time to time, though I'm not clear as to under exactly which conditions this happens. But as long as the WLL is uploading to wl.com correctly then the blue LED is of little consequence.

If you do want the blue LED to reactivate (eg because you want to re-establish Bluetooth connectivity from a phone) then just touch the sensitive pad area on the top rear of the WLL unit.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.