Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

Recommendation for adding UV and Solar Radiation sensor

(1/3) > >>

s435weather:
I currently own a Texas Weather Station (TWI) which does not measure UV and Solar Radiation. I would like to add the ability to monitor UV and Solar Radiation.  I know at some point my TWI is going to stop and it is unsupported except for this forum, but it still keeps chugging along after many years.

Any suggestion what I can purchase to just read those 2 readings without getting into a new PWS?  I thought about getting an Ecowitt just to add those readings, but seems a little overboard to add an entire station and maybe not quite accurate for reading UV and Solar Radiation at it's price point. Maybe someone sells UV standalone or separate add on?

Thanks

s435weather:
I just realized that Ecowitt makes an almost standalone light sensor?
WS68 Wireless Solar Powered Anemometer with Light & UV Sensor
https://www.ecowitt.com/shop/goodsDetail/43

Paired along with a GW1000 to integrate with my TWI would give me an option at just over $100

Any comments on reliability or accuracy of the sensor?

Timbouk1:
Hi,
I've had a WS68 with the updated GW1100 installed here in the UK for just under a month and am very pleased with the reliability. If you went that route then when your TWI does pack up you just need to get the stand alone Ecowitt WH40 rain gauge (only £40 here) plus a WS32 temp & humidty sensor (£25) and you have the full array of instruments back up and running  :grin:

s435weather:
I like that approach, that is a good idea. As I loose instruments from the  TWI, just add them to the Ecowitt. As inexpensive as the  Ecowitt  is, I might add the the gauges sooner then latter. I am replacing the humidity sensor on my TWI, good way to see if it is still working accurately.  Not sure about the longevity of the  Ecowitt , I guess time will tell.

Mandrake:
The ecowitt stuff is latest generation and is getting better year on year.
They also have excellent support so if you do get unlucky they will usually look after you.
They are a rock solid company!

My own kit has been in field now several years without too much problem (only the soil moisture sensors have been a bit rough and they have mostly solved that issue)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version