Weather Station Hardware > Davis Instruments Weather Stations

2 questions, notifications and soil

(1/3) > >>

Bashy:
1st off, i see that the WL app does not do push notifications, i.e. direct to device notifications, just text, phone or email.
With that in mind, what about Mobilize, does that do notifications and if so, are they push? Sorry, only on the basic plan
I would gladly pay if just for the push notifications...

2nd, mmm, I've forgot, bare with... ah yes, in my bulletin as seen here, with regards to the soil, I see that the depth
section is blank, as I have a Temp, Soil and leaf station with 1 soil temp and 1 moisture and 1 leaf (ignore the 2nd soil temp)
where does the depth part come into it please?

johnd:
1. Not sure what you mean. I would call text or email push notifications - ie pushed from the server to your phone/email device. If by device you mean WLL, well it's not got a display or (AFAICR) a buzzer so how could it show/sound an alert? Could you explain further?

2. Don't know - not noticed those before and I don't have a 6345 hooked up to hand to investigate just now. No clues in the configuration settings for that sensor? Conceivably might be for Sentek soil sensors (which are for EM and not VP2 stations).

Bashy:
Hi John, sorry, i explained it pants didn't I lol
What I meant by push is straight from app to phone/tablet, just like you get with any android or iPhone notifications from say Gmail, text, weather apps etc

Re soil, I had an incling that thos depths maybe related elsewhere, although if that's the case, I am surprised they are showing for stations that dont have that feature, I cannot find anything in the settings with regards to depth, thanks anyway

johnd:
Ah, perhaps you mean a notification sent to the Weatherlink smartphone app, maybe with a custom notification sound? (Though maybe that would require the app to be open on the device, unless the feature was more sophisticated than I'm imagining.) AFAIK that's not currently a feature, but it's not a bad idea. Might be worth dropping an email to support@weatherlink.com. You possibly won't get an answer, but it you're in luck then it might get added into the roadmap.

Bashy:
You explain it so much better than I, but yeah, that's the idea, and I will do that, thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version