Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

WeatherLink Pro, update interval still 15 mins?

(1/2) > >>

threesixright:
Hi!

I thought if you buy the subscription you get 5 minutes updates. Now in the graphs, but also in the raw data I only see it per 15 min.  interval. What am I missing?

PaulMy:
Hi,
Have you made the actual settings from the selection in WL.com? which can be at 5 min with the Pro.

Enjoy,
Paul

WheatonRon:
Not specifically related to this thread, if you have 3 pws and want WL Pro, do you have to buy 3 subscriptions?

PaulMy:
Hi Ron,
Answer; maybe or maybe not #-o

I have 2 WL.com stations: KomokaWeather updated by WiFiLogger, and KomokaWeather Live from my WLL device.
I have one pro subscription.  From the WL.com site I can use the Device Tier: tab to downgrade my KW Live station which leaves one Pro subscription available, then upgrade KW to use that Pro subscription.  Then do the opposite whenever I want, and however many times and whenever I want, but only one Pro available at the same time.

I usually have the KW Live station as the Pro so that my CumulusMX using the WLL will have access to 5 minute historical data catch up.  Historical data is not available from WL.com for 3rd party programs catch up with the basic account, but my CumulusMX with WiFiLogger has its own logging so doesn't use the WL.com data for catch up.

Enjoy,
Paul 

WheatonRon:

--- Quote from: PaulMy on July 29, 2021, 08:51:40 PM ---Hi Ron,
Answer; maybe or maybe not #-o

I have 2 WL.com stations: KomokaWeather updated by WiFiLogger, and KomokaWeather Live from my WLL device.
I have one pro subscription.  From the WL.com site I can use the Device Tier: tab to downgrade my KW Live station which leaves one Pro subscription available, then upgrade KW to use that Pro subscription.  Then do the opposite whenever I want, and however many times and whenever I want, but only one Pro available at the same time.

I usually have the KW Live station as the Pro so that my CumulusMX using the WLL will have access to 5 minute historical data catch up.  Historical data is not available from WL.com for 3rd party programs catch up with the basic account, but my CumulusMX with WiFiLogger has its own logging so doesn't use the WL.com data for catch up.

Enjoy,
Paul 

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I think if Davis adjusted its WL Pro pricing abit, for folks like you and me that have multiple stations, they would be ahead, at least from a customer PR perspective, with very little effect on revenue. Your work around is intriguing though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version