Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

Difference between WiFi Logger 1 & 2

(1/2) > >>

emergent:
I currently have a Vantage Pro2 Plus and a Wifi Logger 1. It has worked pretty reliably over the past few years. I just noticed there is a new version out. What are the differences between the two? The website doesn't have a comparison.

BigAlT:
“WiFiLogger may wish to add further here, but AIUI the main difference between WFL v1 and v2 is that v1 uses the ESP8266 module while v2 uses ESP32. ESP32 is a substantially beefed up version, with faster CPU, much more memory etc etc.

While v1 and v2 perform broadly similarly at present, v2/ESP32 offers much more headroom for adding new features in the future.”
 There is also a micro SD card slot for future enhancements.

galfert:
Is there a noticeable difference in UI speed?

BigAlT:
I have both. Each installed in a Vantage Vue. I do not notice any appreciable difference in speed. Only got the V2 because of the Micro SD card slot and the promised upgrades. Possibly storage of historical data like the Meteobridge  Nano SD.

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: BigAlT on June 28, 2021, 05:15:35 PM ---I have both. Each installed in a Vantage Vue. I do not notice any appreciable difference in speed. Only got the V2 because of the Micro SD card slot and the promised upgrades. Possibly storage of historical data like the Meteobridge  Nano SD.

--- End quote ---

I am still thinking in what format store date on SD and then how to present this data :(
This can be weird question, but if you wish to allow WeatherLink PC, or Cumulus to download this data from SD card, then I have to make some kind of emulator, which will sense WeatherLink command to read archive memory and this command will not be send do console, but to emulator to take out data from SD card.

Other solution is to put data into SD card, then show it on charts.
I am preparing website for PHP&MySQL.
I could make SD card weather data to charts like this -> https://wifilogger.net/wflsql/arch.html

I have still problem which path take to make customers happy. In general enhanced capacity for logger is the first emulator solution.
On the other hand it will be easier for me to make second solution. Easier = simple = robust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version