Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

Ethernet Logger has arrived

(1/4) > >>

kg4ooz:
My ethernet logger came in the mail today.  I am very excited to have it up and running.

I do have a minor issue or suggestion on future models.  I opted to power my logger with USB C via a POE breakout box.  The back plate with the mounting holes it so close to the usb connector that I could not fit my plug.  I simply used the supplied cover board as a spacer instead.  It gave me just enough clearance to plug in the usb connector.  Only a minor issue and not really sure how it could be solved.  I love the fact that I can power my console and logger with a single ethernet cable though.

I also noticed that a newer firmware was available on the wifilogger webpage, but I do not see a option to do a firmware update from the web interface.  Could someone possible point me in the correct direction?

I am also having a minor issue with cumulus which I will post in that section of the forum.

 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

davidmc36:
Don't mix up WiFi Logger and Ethernet Logger firmware.

During prototype, firmware update was done using FT Prog program to install it.

Your Ether Logger should have latest version I would expect.

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: kg4ooz on June 24, 2021, 11:14:20 PM ---I also noticed that a newer firmware was available on the wifilogger webpage, but I do not see a option to do a firmware update from the web interface.  Could someone possible point me in the correct direction?

--- End quote ---

I have not manual yet. I am working on it.
Firmware update manual will be also avaible.
It is not WiFiLogger. It has no update through web interface.
User has to use USB-C cable and software which comes from MCU producer. STM32CubeProgrammer

- On Ethernet module you have slide switch named "BOOT". Please slide it on the left.
- Then click on reset button.
- Ethernet module should be discovered in Windows as "STM32 BOOTLOADER"
- Run STM32CubeProgrammer software.
- After firmware update please set "BOOT" slide switch on the right and click on reset.

 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]


WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: kg4ooz on June 24, 2021, 11:14:20 PM ---I am also having a minor issue with cumulus which I will post in that section of the forum.

--- End quote ---

I do believe there will be no issue with Cumulus, which I will be not able to solved with firmware update.
Ethernet logger was tested scrupulously, but there is also place for mistake.
It is said that for full testing there is needed 12 people for 3 months involved in project.

Please report any undesirable behavior. I will take care of it.

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: kg4ooz on June 24, 2021, 11:14:20 PM ---I do have a minor issue or suggestion on future models.  I opted to power my logger with USB C via a POE breakout box.  The back plate with the mounting holes it so close to the usb connector that I could not fit my plug.  I simply used the supplied cover board as a spacer instead.  It gave me just enough clearance to plug in the usb connector.  Only a minor issue and not really sure how it could be solved.  I love the fact that I can power my console and logger with a single ethernet cable though.

--- End quote ---

I have noticed this issue just after I have dispatched batch to Ryan.
Problem is that USB-C has to be in line with Ethernet cable, becase Ethernet module can be powered from USB socket in router, so both cables will goes throught the same path to Ethernet logger and console.

I could also use longer distances on the bottom, not 3.5mm, but something longer to make place for USB-C plug, but then whole module will become less neat.

After all I will add bottom plate without wings. This wall mount plate will be in set, but default setup will be like this first one on the left:

 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version