Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

Which Ambient system for SW of OKC

<< < (2/2)

galfert:
Great. Let us know how your HA integration goes. I've not messed with HA and would be curious to know what steps and processes you go through to get that done. Then once done let us know what features and capabilities you configure with you HA integration.

Paul Enright:

--- Quote from: galfert on July 12, 2021, 12:16:11 PM ---Great. Let us know how your HA integration goes. I've not messed with HA and would be curious to know what steps and processes you go through to get that done. Then once done let us know what features and capabilities you configure with you HA integration.

--- End quote ---
I am not done, but I thought I would pass on what I have learned while fresh in my mind.
Maybe once I get this we can clean it up as more of a how-to and post it in the correct section.
I am using this HA addon "https://github.com/garbled1/homeassistant_ecowitt"
My first mistake(s) was setting up the GW-1000. I was using the "WS View" and assumed it would connect as needed. It does not, you have to connect the phone to the GW-1000 hot spot first. Then when you are using the custom server, you have to add a "/" to the path otherwise HA will throw an error.
Also, it seems the GW has to have access to the internet. Even if you are just connecting it locally. I put it on a locked-down IOT VLAN, which has open to the DNS and NTP. DNS is to resolve the NTP URL.
The other dot that I connected, the history is stored in the controller, which makes sense. My WS-2000 is showing a Yearly Rain Rate since we had rain Sunday. But I did not get the GW-1000 reading the sensors till Tuesday, which is why it is showing 0.0 in

I threw them into a glance card just to see them. I have not done any automation with them yet. I am hoping to use the data to make my own smart sprinklers.
These are just the sensors that come with the WS-2901 array. I have not added any of the other sensors yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version