Weather Software > Meteohub/Meteobridge

Weatherlink desktop software and Meteobridge

(1/5) > >>

rydercowan:
I've been using Weatherlink desktop software with my Davis Vantage Vue and Weatherlink IP logger for many years, and have just started using Meteobridge. Since connecting Meteobridge to the Vantage Vue via IP I've found difficulty with the connection between the desktop software and the IP logger. Data from the logger struggles to download and eventually fails. I disconnected Meteobridge, and found I could again download from the logger, but unusually the logger appeared full - something like 513 'pages' worth. When that had all been downloaded to the desktop software I checked again a few minutes later and found that the logger again appeared full.

It appears that using Meteobridge has 'done something' to the IP logger. I tried specifying the MAC address of the Meteobridge in the station config of the desktop software, to see if I could link it directly to Meteobridge, but that didn't work.

What am I doing wrong here? Should I be able to specify Meteobridge connection in the Weatherlink desktop software's config? Why is the Weatherlink IP logger staying full after download?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

galfert:
With the WeatherLink IP you can only have one software/device pulling data. You can't run both Meteobridge and WeatherLink PC software at he same time with your logger configuration. I understand that you are trying to only use Meteobridge with the WeatherLink IP and then the WLPC software pointed at the Meteobridge but I think that is a less than optimal solution.

My recommendation is to invest in the WeatherLink Live as that will allow an unlimited amount of software/devices to simultaneously pull data. But the WeatherLink Live is not compatible with WeatherLink PC software so you'll just keep the WeatherLink IP for that.

Once you have the WeatherLink Live you'll not just be able to run Meteobridge but you'll also be able to check out Cumulus MX, Weather-Display, and WeeWX.

wvdkuil:

--- Quote from: rydercowan on May 27, 2021, 06:18:11 AM ---I've been using Weatherlink desktop software with my Davis Vantage Vue and Weatherlink IP logger for many years, and have just started using Meteobridge. Since connecting Meteobridge to the Vantage Vue via IP I've found difficulty with the connection between the desktop software and the IP logger. Data from the logger struggles to download and eventually fails. I disconnected Meteobridge, and found I could again download from the logger, but unusually the logger appeared full - something like 513 'pages' worth. When that had all been downloaded to the desktop software I checked again a few minutes later and found that the logger again appeared full.

It appears that using Meteobridge has 'done something' to the IP logger. I tried specifying the MAC address of the Meteobridge in the station config of the desktop software, to see if I could link it directly to Meteobridge, but that didn't work.

What am I doing wrong here? Should I be able to specify Meteobridge connection in the Weatherlink desktop software's config? Why is the Weatherlink IP logger staying full after download?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

--- End quote ---

Second part of the description for the VUE  at https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Stations

Meteobridge allows parallel use of the Vantage by a PC program, which connects to the Meteobridge on port 22222 (like with a Davis IP logger). Meteobridge can also pass through the connection to the Davis station to an additional PC weather program of your liking. Therefore, you can use Meteobridge and a PC weather program in parallel.

Do not use the mac-address, use the IP-address of the Meteobridge.
It should work.

Wim

galfert:
But isn't there some loss of live wind data if Weatherlink PC software gets data from Meteobridge? The Meteobridge needs to interrupt its live data to allow for the Weatherlink PC software to then talk to the logger.

How long is that interruption for? What is affected by this interruption?

wvdkuil:

--- Quote from: galfert on May 27, 2021, 10:53:05 AM ---But isn't there some loss of live wind data if Weatherlink PC software gets data from Meteobridge? The Meteobridge needs to interrupt its live data to allow for the Weatherlink PC software to then talk to the logger.

How long is that interruption for? What is affected by this interruption?

--- End quote ---

Meteobridge is not directly communicating with the console, the Meteobridge listens to the traffic Weatherlink is listening to also. 
Does not matter if it is USB or IP, the only think needed is the Davis console.
It will not work with any other setup, not with a  Meteobridge PRO red  or Meteostick f.i.

Wim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version