Weather Software > What Weather Software should I use/buy?

Weather Software Comparison - Supported Uploads to Online Services

<< < (2/3) > >>

fkapp:
Hi,
One edit: It is possible to send data (well have AWEKAS) pull data from WLL.

You have to generate an API key from WLL, enter this into your station profile on AWEKAS, and the data is pulled.

Here is link to my AWEKAS panel with data sent by WLL.

https://www.awekas.at/en/instrument.php?id=17532

galfert:
Ah yes, thank you fkapp. I knew that, thank you for reminding me. Updated.

mcrossley:
Again, terminology confusion, AWEKAS pulls from weatherlink.com not the WLL device.

mcrossley:
If WLL and wl.com are being included, why not the GW1000/ecowitt.net and Ambient equivalents? They can upload to multiple destinations as well.

galfert:
Yes I considered adding the Ecowitt and Ambient stations. Then it gets even more complicated because Ecowitt and Ambient are different into where they upload depending on model. Besides the chart that Gyvate is maintaining that I referenced before already has this information.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0

I think the new layout should remove the WLL. But then I have to remove WiFiLogger. But the WiFiLogger does so much that many wouldn't need software if all they want is to upload and do without other software features.

But the biggest takeaway that I want to maintain focus on is that all of these software do so much more than just upload to various online services. That is but one small aspect of what these great softwares provide.

I'm beginning to now realize why I sat on this table that I created over a year ago and didn't publish this information. Everything you all have brought up I thought about. It's all coming back. This is playing out exactly as I envisioned. I actually envisioned it even worse as I thought it might actually disappoint many of these great software developers and I don't want to do that. Again it isn't about pitting one against the other. I feel that there is much value in actually running more than one software. I run them all. I enjoy them all. Why be limited? The WLL and the GW1000 are incredible because they allow you to run multiple software.

I did also think though that it might become an incentive for some of these software to gain support for other services. That would not be a bad thing.

Maybe I should just delete my post? I'm having second thoughts. Unless someone can help and come up with a good way to appropriately share this information. Perhaps this information is pointless. After all these software all upload to everywhere that most people even bother with; WU, PWSweather, CWOP, AWEKAS, WeatherCloud, Windy, Metoffice WOW. Does anything else really matter? And if it does then that individual likely can find out how what they need and implement it. Right?

Well I'm open for suggestions. Good, Bad.. Whatever... Let me know. I'm trying to do a good deed and if this turns out to do more harm than good then it needs to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version