Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

Logging to view customized historical data

(1/5) > >>

dport:
I've had wifi logger for a year.  I use it to upload to various sites (WU, PWS, CWOP, etc), but I'm really not tech savvy when it comes to scripts, coding, personal websites.  WU used to have a very nice interface for viewing customized historical data, HiLows, and precipitation in a given set of time (this is now gone due to data errors and the lack of ability to view customized dates).  CWOP does not offer good historical info.  PWS has errors in my precipitation data.  The archive feature on the logger itself can only go back so far.  I signed up for the trial on weatherlink 2.0.  I thought it was garbage.

Is there a simple way to view customized historical information going back in time?  I'm not interested in paying $50 a year to set up my own site.  Guess I am looking for another plug and play solution.  Perhaps this is not possible. 

PaulMy:
The other sites that WiFiLogger also uploads to, such as WOW where you can view historical data in graph and table, but not a great deal of customization https://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/observations/details?site_id=37595665 and AWEKAS and Weathercloud have historical data.

Enjoy,
Paul

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: dport on August 01, 2019, 10:02:16 AM ---I've had wifi logger for a year.  I use it to upload to various sites (WU, PWS, CWOP, etc), but I'm really not tech savvy when it comes to scripts, coding, personal websites.  WU used to have a very nice interface for viewing customized historical data, HiLows, and precipitation in a given set of time (this is now gone due to data errors and the lack of ability to view customized dates).  CWOP does not offer good historical info.  PWS has errors in my precipitation data.  The archive feature on the logger itself can only go back so far.  I signed up for the trial on weatherlink 2.0.  I thought it was garbage.

Is there a simple way to view customized historical information going back in time?  I'm not interested in paying $50 a year to set up my own site.  Guess I am looking for another plug and play solution.  Perhaps this is not possible.

--- End quote ---

I have in preparation PHP&MySQL custom export for WiFiLogger. It is very similar to WL.COM, because WL IP is exporting all console data to WL.COM then WL.COM is displaying it. My functions also exporting all console data to data base, to display them all in next step.
But this has to be finished first. It will take a while.

For today, for WiFiLogger, for historical data best to use is:
- Free WL.COM account
- WeatherLink PC software which can download from WL.COM(not from WiFiLogger directly) all history data and display in own '95 style way.

Maybe it is not very nice, because of WL PC age, but works perfect and can handle all data on you disk driver.

So this is for today, but I am working on the other system.

dport:

--- Quote from: PaulMy on August 01, 2019, 10:44:36 AM ---The other sites that WiFiLogger also uploads to, such as WOW where you can view historical data in graph and table, but not a great deal of customization https://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/observations/details?site_id=37595665 and AWEKAS and Weathercloud have historical data.

Enjoy,
Paul

--- End quote ---

Thank you both.  I think I figured out what I really want.  I'm after the "NOAA style reports".  I downloaded WeatherCat and connected it to WifiLogger.  This worked, but I don't have any historical data in the software, nor do I want to pay $54 after the trial ends.

Unfortunately, I have a MacBook Pro computer and WeatherLink software will not speak to WFL.  Unless there is a simple way to get NOAA style reports from another piece of software or website, I will utilize pwsweather as my preferred site for tracking historical data. 

PaulMy:

--- Quote ---Unfortunately, I have a MacBook Pro computer and WeatherLink software will not speak to WFL.
--- End quote ---
Cumulus MX runs on Windows from Windows 7 onwards, and on Linux and Mac OS X.  https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/FAQ#What_operating_systems_does_Cumulus_run_on.3F

--- Quote ---Unless there is a simple way to get NOAA style reports from another piece of software or website, I will utilize pwsweather as my preferred site for tracking historical data.   
--- End quote ---
CumulusMX provides NOAA reports   www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/reports/NOAAMO0819.txt   www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/reports/NOAAYR2019.txt

I use CumulusMX with WiFiLogger.

Enjoy,
Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version