Weather Station Hardware > The WxTech Dream Machine

ARDUINO UNO IS HERE!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Scott216:
Where you reset every night: if (now.hour()==24)
This will keep resetting for the entire hour, you'll lose any rain data during this time.  It would be better if you did something like this:
if (now.hour()==24  && now.minute()==0 && now.seconds() < 10 )

Also, for rainin it looks like you are accumulating rain for an hour, then resetting.  I thought wunderground wanted a rolling 60 minute total.  So you would always show the rain for the previous 60 minutes.  This would be more difficult to code.  Do you know which way is right?

fmbfla:
SCOTT
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to run it but I think it clears everything on the 24 hour, ..................and now I see your point for a full hour it will always reset until it reaches 01:00 hours..

I'll add to it
  "  // Clear the Daily rain amount and check the time
  if ((now.hour()==24)  && (now.minute()==0) && (now.second() < 10 )){
    dailyrainin = 0;
    rainCount = 0;
    rainin = 0;
    windgustmph = 0;
    ntp();"

Thank you:-)
Drew

Scott216:
fmbfla,

Found a bug in your code:

--- Code: ---client.print(now.hour()+5);// YOU MUST Add 5 hours to get back to UTC or Wunderground wont show RAPID FIRE
--- End code ---

When the hour is 21, this will result in 21 + 5 = 26, which isn't a valid hour.  Here's how I am doing it:

--- Code: ---DateTime now = rtc.now();
now = now + 36000UL * 5UL; // adds 5 hours to local time

--- End code ---

Also, I'm uploading some test data to wunderground and I can't get the "Precip Accum" to work.  On my PWS it's displaying -9999.00 in.  I though the dailyrainin field would populate this, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Here's a sample URL

rtupdate.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=KVTDOVER3&PASSWORD=removedpwd&dateutc=2014-07-20+00%3A22%3A31&winddir=180&windspeedmph=3&windgustmph=6&tempf=64&rainin=0.01&dailyrainin=0.01&baromin=32&humidity=76&softwaretype=Arduino%20Moteino%20v1.00&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=2.5

My rainin value works okay.

I don't see anything like dailyrainin in your code.  Are you uploading the daily rain value somehow, or are you skipping it?

fmbfla:
Thank you :-), I will correct that one .
Are you attempting one of these too?
whats your set up ?
Drew

Scott216:

--- Quote from: fmbfla on July 20, 2014, 10:58:45 PM ---Thank you :-), I will correct that one .
Are you attempting one of these too?
whats your set up ?
Drew

--- End quote ---

I have a wireless Davis Vantage Pro weather station and I'm decoding the wireless data (with a Moteino) and sending it to Weather Underground PWS.  I've got my files on GitHub: https://github.com/Scott216/Weather_Station_Data.  I'm still debugging it, but I think I'm close to having it working. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version