Author Topic: Barometer data not showing on Weatherlink 2 bulletin  (Read 5660 times)

Online chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
  • In Lakatamia, Nicosia, Cyprus.
    • PWS page on WeatherLink Network
Barometer data not showing on Weatherlink 2 bulletin
« on: December 05, 2018, 04:20:29 AM »
Hi all,

Since 2 days ago, the "Barometer" and "Bar Trend" data are showing as blanks under the "bulletin" tab of my weather station on Weatherlink.com. However, my weather station's barometer works perfectly, and, in fact, it is displayed fine on (a) Weatherlink's own Wide Format station URL (the one that everyone can see without signing up at weatherlink.com), and (b) on the Weatherlink mobile app. Thus, this seems to be a problem only on the weatherlink.com web page. Note that I also upload data to other websites, which show the barometer readings without any problems.

Anyone else has had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated.

chrysnic
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-hr fan-aspirated radiation shield (UK/EU edition)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Barometer data not showing on Weatherlink 2 bulletin
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 09:28:28 AM »
I check it every morning and until yesterday everything seemed normal.  Pressure had always been showing.  However today I get a "502: Bad Gateway." message so could be a weatherlink.com issue.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »
I am seeing the same here, no Baro trend and my charts stopped logging at noon today, I usually have this issue when I run weatherlink 6.0.4 for a spell during a storm when I want next to live readings but when I shut it down Weatherlink.com updates after sometime. However I am not running it at this time so I am not sure why it is not updating today. Also my other reporting sites are updating fine but I think they are using loop data to update instead of archived data that Weatherlink.com uses. I will assume Davis is having an issue and will monitor it for a while.

Offline mldenison

• Contributor
    • York, PA Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
I upgraded from Basic to Pro because, while the current barometer reading shows, there's always a message 'Graph will display once there is more data.' but never does.
Windows 7 x64
Weather PC: Intel NUC
Davis Vantage Pro 2
Weather Underground: KPAYORK30
York, PA Weather (Saratoga)
York, PA Weather (Leuven)
York, PA PWS Station

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »
I connot speak for chrysnic but I have pro as well

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
Just check mine again and the data is flowing and updating fine.... DNS issue I guess

Online chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 09:27:31 AM »
I only have Basic. Unfortunately, mine is still not showing the barometer readings. Really strange.
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-hr fan-aspirated radiation shield (UK/EU edition)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 10:07:40 AM »
Hi chrysnic,
I think I found your station on the weatherlink.com map.  I can't see anything wrong (except as you say no pressure showing) on your bulletin or weather data page.  Are you using Meteobridge, and could it be something in its uploads?

Also something funny when I click on your avatar website globe?!?  Maybe because I am signed in my weatherlink.com page on this computer.

Enjoy,
Paul

Online chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 10:56:15 AM »
Indeed, I use a Meteobridge Pro! However, how could the Meteobridge be affecting the barometer data? In the link below, the barometer reading is fine:

https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/b16321bce712459b892ba069b0cb0515/wide

The problem is only in the Bulletin.

chrysnic

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 11:13:35 AM »
Hi,
Strange that it appears correct in that summary.  Is that the correct hPa?
Maybe I missed it before but your barometer does show on your bulletin as 1017.1 with a note "Graph will display once there is more data".  Clicking on the ! icon it shows the last update as 12/09/2018 10:54 pm
Has it been this way all along?
May need to contact Davis on this.

Enjoy,
Paul

Online chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »
Yes, the barometer reading in the summary is correct. In fact, the barometer reading is also perfectly fine in the Weatherlink Mobile App that I use on my phone.

The problem with the Bulletin started around 10 days ago. It was fine up until that time.

I may have to contact Davis about this weird problem.

Thanks,

chrysnic

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »
Archive uploads not functioning correctly?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Online chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 04:05:36 AM »
I only have a Basic subscription (not Pro) on Weatherlink.com, so I don't have archiving functionality. However, my local archiving (done through a Meteobridge Pro) is perfectly fine. The same with uploads made to other weather websites (again, through Meteobridge Pro).

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 05:04:49 AM »
What are you using to upload to WeatherLink 2.0?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 05:05:31 AM »
I can't see where you've said how you're uploading to weatherlink.com - that's potentially important.

And logger-based uploads to wl.com still upload archive records every hour, whether you have a free or Pro account. If the archive records are not being created and uploaded correctly (eg is there a date/time issue?) then you will potentially see anomalies in the wl.com data presentations, even if the current conditions data are being uploaded OK.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Online chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 05:46:14 AM »
@Mattk The uploading to Weatherlink 2.0 is done automatically by the WeatherLinkIP logger plugged into my Vantage Pro2 console. The Meteobridge Pro also uses the WeatherLinkIP to read the weather data and upload to Meteoplug and Weather Underground.

@johnd Please, see above regarding how I upload to Weatherlink.com. There is no time/date issue. The problem is only with the Barometer data on the Bulletin page. As I have previously said, the weather summary on Weatherlink.com and the Weatherlink mobile app on my phone work perfectly OK (i.e., they show the correct barometer data). So the barometer data definitely reaches Weatherlink.com correctly, but it is not displayed on the Bulletin.

Thanks,

chrysnic

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 05:56:38 AM »
1. Try rebooting the console with the IP logger

2. I don't know exactly your MB Pro is configured, but it may be that it's not pausing at hourly intervals to allow the archive records to be uploaded. This may be necessary to allow the Bar graph to be displayed correctly. (I do understand that your current weather readings are all OK. But the separate archive uploads may still be relevant.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 03:58:50 PM »
This would appear to be a Davis issue with WL20 and I wouldn't be doing anything to the station end as there is probably nothing wrong with it. I have this Barometer graph issue occurring with every station I have uploading to WL20, some systems have MB running and others straight WLIP.

I have previously seen this issue where the archive data was running behind time and was taking days for the data upload to catch up to the current time but this is not the situation now. Data is up to date but Barometer graph is blank. 

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 04:21:26 PM »
Yes, it may be a wl.com issue but FWIW all of our barometer graphs seem fine and fully up-to-date, which includes IP loggers, Connect and EM uploads. (OTOH the Bulletin forecast panel says -39.3C for tonight - it's coldish here (maybe around 0C), but that would be record-breaking territory, by a country mile - but that's probably an issue external to wl.com)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »
(OTOH the Bulletin forecast panel says -39.3C for tonight - it's coldish here (maybe around 0C), but that would be record-breaking territory, by a country mile - but that's probably an issue external to wl.com)
We can get cold weather but certainly the current of 0.4°C here is no wheres close to the WL.com forecast of -19.3°C and humidity 0%.   A WL.com or the third party source likely,

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 04:53:02 PM »
I am thinking there is a connection between the times showing on the dashboard and times showing on the summary page. Barometer is not showing on either page for any station.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 05:10:32 PM »
Other than the time, it seems fine to me.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 08:26:43 PM »
Those times are the same and both red, you also have a Barometer graph? I am seeing UTC time on Summary (red) and local time on main Bulletin page and no Barometer graph.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:06 AM »
My time shows when I hover the mouse cursor over the "Current station" name. It doesn't show like the images that PaulMy posted.

It is also Zulu time, not local. Is there a way to change that?

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 09:02:04 AM »
My time shows when I hover the mouse cursor over the "Current station" name. It doesn't show like the images that PaulMy posted.
If you click on the X above your user name it will close and the update time will then show there.  No different though than by hovering over your station name.

I also see that in your Bulletin under your station name on the side only Barometer is listed, like Meteochiclana's.  The other items must be visible only by the station's owner.

Enjoy,
Paul

anything