Author Topic: Watson W8686 console won’t sync with time.nist.gov internet calendar  (Read 345 times)

Offline WoodyWx

Hi, hope someone can help. I installed my new Watson W8686 weather station yesterday. The console is picking up the outdoor and indoor sensors with no problems, but there’s just one glitch: it won’t synchronise with the time.gist.gov internet calendar. It keeps saying that there’s an error synchronising to time.gist.gov. I’ve left it 24 hours to give it a chance to settle and synchronise, but no luck. Has anyone else had similar or a solution? I’ve checked the time.gist.gov website and they’re not reporting any problems. Otherwise, it’s a great little weather station...and about to be put through its paces with the weather here in SW England this afternoon! Thanks everyone  [tup]

Offline WoodyWx

Solved...looks like our WiFi was playing up!  :oops:

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
I'm still waiting for my new station but it's very windy here in the far West of the UK.  Gusts around the 50mph mark I would guess.  We have 8 empty water butts in the garden licking their lips for the forecast deluge from this nice deep low but it has all gone North of us.  It has been bone dry here for the last month.

My new station will be the ecowitt GW1002 with the separate rain collector but obviously similar to yours.  It will be interesting to see how they both stand up to the marine climate.  Are you right on the coast?     

Offline WoodyWx

We’re a mile inland, but also protected a bit more as we’re on a housing estate! The weather station stood up well to the wind and rain earlier in the week, so looking good! It’s a nice little weather station, with a good console display, too. Watching the display is pretty addictive; enjoy your new weather station!

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
I used be addicted to watching for the wind records.  :grin: :grin:  When my old station was working, I remember seeing 70MPH gusts but that will be beaten next year given a couple big couple winter storms.  There are 40mph gusts today with sideways rain.  All water butts well and truly slaked!

anything