Author Topic: Weather Underground Servers Down  (Read 7269 times)

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
Re: Weather Underground Servers Down
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »
Thanks kid..... =D>

Seriously? Friendly advice for ya. Check the attitude.
www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2021, 08:04:56 PM »
Friendly advice for you.. Save the speeches..... Don't need the high and mighty attitude.... Just friendly advice....

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2021, 09:06:46 PM »
Friendly advice for you.. Save the speeches..... Don't need the high and mighty attitude.... Just friendly advice....

Then you don't understand the difference between an Attitude and Friendly advice

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2021, 10:58:16 PM »
Nice try Matt, really... nice try....

Just read the previous responses and then tell me about friendly advice..... Hint....(don't).......

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2021, 12:21:57 AM »
Sigh, we've been down this road before, and I'm sad to see it happening again.  As I said in this post from May, 2019 :

some members here seem to mostly post angry/often derogatory/causal theories and those postings (while maybe cathartic for the poster), leave the topic thread difficult to glean the underlying issues.  It also serves to discourage anyone seeking to provide answers to genuine questions.  That is NOT the behavior we've engendered here on WXForum.net

We admins are a light-touch bunch, and only try to step in to mitigate things plainly against the registration agreement
    You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

Lastly, I am personally embarrassed and disappointed in the few members who have repeatedly made posts with defamatory, abusive, or  hateful tenor which have degraded the signal-to-noise ratio on multiple threads.

Stop sniping at each other.  Only contribute useful information to the topic of the thread, and omit any personal disparagement of other contributors.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2021, 01:57:12 AM »
Ken sorry to say but you never gave me any so called admin ruling when the shit face Jachym continuously posted personal derogatory comments aimed at me personally, i didnt once bite often ignored it and it continued ,some days I just thought WTF am I doing sitting here taking this shit from this wimp with only a computer screen in front of me to defend myself, real world I would have done and reacted very differently .in the real world i would have shown my real self but i dont give the sideliners ,onlookers the satisfaction and a chance to get their popcorn out .

i often see  things get misinterpreted, poor translated grammar(this is very common)  and the conversation breaks down or veers of the road then comments get blown out of proportion ,misread .there is no body language, no tone of voice just as you will read this thinking Im angry but im the opposite and im not dropping small provocative comments like many do and the responder CW2274 who took the bait and bites then he gets hammered . Look closely you will read and see how he simply got quietly provoked and he simply responded appropriately.

double standards exist on here you only seem to protect those you have a relative interest in . CW2274 i dont find his comments offensive , stevebrtx is neither offensive both are often misinterpreted they just post the way they see it ,but if you take the time they are just normal human beings who just happen to speak a bit louder , i mean if you cant see the humor in calling a mask a diaper then the majority have forgot how to laugh..

you have maintained a great forum for years ,it is full of rich resourceful info for the weather enthusiasts but all this policing in a public manner is over the top, why not simply communicate privately with those who you think are acting aggressive or in a manner that doesnt conform , hanging dirty laundry out to dry is NOT a good way of resolving matters. dealing with it privately has a better chance of being resolved and establishing a mutual common bond..

fwiw i have not uploaded to weather underground since late 2017 ,when it works its fine when it goes wrong your left with no possibility of fixing until they pull their finger out and fix it.. its always been an easy option to have public weather data displayed openly but I wouldnt put any reliable trust when it comes to maintaining historical info data too often this type of thread appears but no one ever seems to look elsewhere at other solutions because in general it starts working in a few days . the day will come when this service will disappear so my advice look at alternatives and be prepared as opposed to being caught out.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2021, 04:14:44 AM »
The underlying issue of this topic has created division, upset, and heated debates. [tup]

you can blame WU for all of this, and then get on with life.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2021, 08:56:30 AM »
If I may make a suggestion, perhaps it would be better for everyone to just lock this down for a while, and let a cool off period take effect and everyone will go onto something else and forget what happened. I don't think CW2274 should be in trouble, or leave. He's been here a long time, and it's just one topic of frustration.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2021, 09:26:11 AM »
I also agree with the above posters about CW2274. He tells it like it is but sometimes on a message board that is taken the wrong way as feelings get hurt.
I don't necessarily agree with everything he or anyone else says but it's just an opinion and we all know what those are like.

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2021, 10:30:55 AM »
Ken sorry to say but you never gave me any so called admin ruling when the shit face Jachym continuously posted personal derogatory comments aimed at me personally, i didnt once bite often ignored it and it continued ,some days I just thought WTF am I doing sitting here taking this shit from this wimp with only a computer screen in front of me to defend myself, real world I would have done and reacted very differently .in the real world i would have shown my real self but i dont give the sideliners ,onlookers the satisfaction and a chance to get their popcorn out .

i often see  things get misinterpreted, poor translated grammar(this is very common)  and the conversation breaks down or veers of the road then comments get blown out of proportion ,misread .there is no body language, no tone of voice just as you will read this thinking Im angry but im the opposite and im not dropping small provocative comments like many do and the responder CW2274 who took the bait and bites then he gets hammered . Look closely you will read and see how he simply got quietly provoked and he simply responded appropriately.

double standards exist on here you only seem to protect those you have a relative interest in . CW2274 i dont find his comments offensive , stevebrtx is neither offensive both are often misinterpreted they just post the way they see it ,but if you take the time they are just normal human beings who just happen to speak a bit louder , i mean if you cant see the humor in calling a mask a diaper then the majority have forgot how to laugh..

you have maintained a great forum for years ,it is full of rich resourceful info for the weather enthusiasts but all this policing in a public manner is over the top, why not simply communicate privately with those who you think are acting aggressive or in a manner that doesnt conform , hanging dirty laundry out to dry is NOT a good way of resolving matters. dealing with it privately has a better chance of being resolved and establishing a mutual common bond..

fwiw i have not uploaded to weather underground since late 2017 ,when it works its fine when it goes wrong your left with no possibility of fixing until they pull their finger out and fix it.. its always been an easy option to have public weather data displayed openly but I wouldnt put any reliable trust when it comes to maintaining historical info data too often this type of thread appears but no one ever seems to look elsewhere at other solutions because in general it starts working in a few days . the day will come when this service will disappear so my advice look at alternatives and be prepared as opposed to being caught out.

Thank You ..Well stated/explained....

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2021, 02:09:17 PM »
Ken sorry to say but you never gave me any so called admin ruling when the shit face Jachym...
Sorry, but you lost me right there. In any other forum I participate in a personal attack like that, on another member, would earn you a permanent ban.

I was glad to see the moderator step in, his posts were spot on and I hope he continues to do so. It was long overdue.

Offline klinebau

• Reedview Weather
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2021, 03:18:22 PM »
IBM is cutting the cord on the NEXRAD radar. See email snip.

The NEXRAD product has been deprecated at its source...  What does that actually mean?  Since she mentions that composite radar products are still available it almost seems like NWS has removed the base reflectivity product.  In fact, the "lite" images now available from NWS appear to be exclusively composite images.

Offline capeweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.capeweather.com
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2021, 03:21:47 PM »
Not sure exactly what it means but I did leave her email address earlier in this thread. That would be a great question for the folks at the NWS as well. Maybe try reaching out to them?

IBM is cutting the cord on the NEXRAD radar. See email snip.

The NEXRAD product has been deprecated at its source...  What does that actually mean?  Since she mentions that composite radar products are still available it almost seems like NWS has removed the base reflectivity product.  In fact, the "lite" images now available from NWS appear to be exclusively composite images.

Chris
Cape Coral, Florida

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
  • Type of station: HP1001WiFi & WH2600IP (WS1400IP)
    • Check on-line measurements and forecasts of Gdansk in Poland

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »
I'd just like to say that two wrongs do not make a right. I whole heartedly support defending yourself, but you do not need to go down the same path of the rabble. You can defend yourself with dignity and social grace.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2021, 01:06:15 AM »
Ken sorry to say but you never gave me any so called admin ruling when the shit face Jachym continuously posted personal derogatory comments aimed at me personally,

I see you have not changed at all. I could post the very "polite" emails you sent to me, Brian from WD, Wim (Leuven) etc.... we all know.... no need to prove it again.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2021, 03:44:45 AM »
hmmm no ive never changed never will you want to mess with me in a derogatory manner ill react in an appropriate manner  ,its a natural reaction where I come from . publish them jachym i dont give a toss they were private and its how things should be dealt with no hanging outside dirty washing . anytime Jachym whenever you want .

Well ok Wim not sure why he saw anything  has personal , its a discussion its not full of hate or personal derogatory comments .there is a difference not my fault his english is not very good , i dont recall anything personal unlike yourself . as above anytime Jachym ,I wont change and i dont forget,wont forget. You seem to forget you were begging week in week out on here for donations,i offered you an opportunity you didnt take it because you were not experienced enough perhaps it seemed outside your comfort zone and like Wim you seem  to forget friendly gestures.

Oh Mr weather display lets get this right i request removal of weather34 from his software it wasnt working out best to cut losses on both sides so he promptly does has requested , then this , he creates a backdoor method sends email out to a few users requesting it to be kept secret , users forward me the email ..what do you want me to think ? what would you think ? did I create anymore noise ?No..just made no sense in attempting to resolve it so I simply moved on and never looked back.do i hold a grudge,hate? no because it makes no odds to me has I have no experience or dependency on his software.im not going to lose sleep over something that has no bearing on anything I do..he complained a lot about his time but never considered my time end of the day he received a payment for his software I didnt so I never understood why time was an issue.he seemed to take requests as demands that I never quite fathomed out so I couldnt see any future in trying to,develop something for the software better of leaving to someone who had more experience than I with the software.

Wim i gave you a template to build upon look how far you gone with it , you gave the opportunity for many users to have a good template that wasnt there until gave you something to build upon, if you cant see the good in something given to you then quite frankly I fail to understand anything when it involves non native english speakers .wim eradicating confusion is not detrimental its simply was needed and it resolved it . i dont get endless amounts of emails anymore after eradicating the confusion.

like most things in this day and age people only home in on the negativity…

feel free to ban me it doesnt make any difference to me and it certainly wont have any impact on my life. i can live without it ..as always treat me with content ill simply react appropriately .

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 04:14:23 AM by weather34 »

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2021, 04:45:14 PM »
Well, in other news, the 10 day forecast and my station's dashboard page seem to be at partial load and no updating...

Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2021, 05:38:36 PM »
Well, in other news, the 10 day forecast and my station's dashboard page seem to be at partial load and no updating...
I'm seeing this intermittently. First time I tried everything loaded fine, next a partial load and no updating. Tried a few more times with similar results.

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2021, 05:52:54 PM »
Mine just back up completely...
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2021, 06:04:18 PM »
Oh Mr weather display lets get this right i request removal of weather34 from his software it wasnt working out best to cut losses on both sides so he promptly does has requested , then this , he creates a backdoor method sends email out to a few users requesting it to be kept secret , users forward me the email ..what do you want me to think ?
that was just because people loved what you had done, and were upset that it had to removed, just because someone said or did something to upset you
and so I made it so that people who already had it, had a way to still have it available, to keep them happy (but it was hidden and not available to any new people from that time forward, that was the secret thing)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2021, 06:37:53 PM »
Well, this has wandered far afield of the original topic (WeatherUnderground servers not working), so I'm going to lock the topic and write this as a coda.

The policy of this forum is to have posts without personal recriminations/attacks/hostile speech (as per the cited registration agreement).

The '1st Amendment' argument for freedom of speech is not applicable here as the US Constitution Bill of Rights concerns the U.S. Government not restricting the press or persons from speech.  We are not part of the US Government, but are a privately held group and the rules are outlined in the registration agreement.

Conduct repeatedly violating the registration agreement may result in banning from posting on the forum, at the discretion of the moderators/admins.

To weather34/Brian: your characterization of Jachym was a clear personal attack (and so is contrary to the agreement).  I'll not remove it (as it exemplifies what is NOT to be done), but you are cautioned to refrain from such posting in the future.  I can tell that your resentment is still hot (like corelite from Chernobyl) and you are holding the anger tightly.  Don't let it stray into postings that then contain personal attacks.

I have tended to be a bit lenient with developers of widely-used software/hardware where English is not their primary language as the postings may be from Google translate or just based on a limited fluency with English.  However, when the English used is hostile/personally attacking others, that is not allowed.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP