Poll

Did you already or are you planning on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?

Yes, I already got the vaccine (at least 1st dose).
Yes, I plan on getting the vaccine when it is my turn.
Yes, I got or will get the vaccine but only because it's the only way I will be allowed to see grandchildren or other against my will reason.
No, I do not plan on getting the vaccine because of medical condition (allergy, pregnancy, etc.).
No, I do not plan on getting the vaccine because I don't want it or don't trust it.
I'm undecided. Leaning towards yes. (maybe those that want to wait it out longer)
I'm undecided. Leaning towards no.

Author Topic: Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?  (Read 3887 times)

Offline box

• Forecaster
Re: Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2021, 07:38:28 AM »
My wife and I have had Az over the past two weeks

The wife had a sore arm and fuzzy head for a few days, I just had the fuzzy head!

My mother in law had Pfizer about a month ago no side effects

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2021, 09:04:24 AM »
We both are a bit sore and tender at the vaccination site.
So far that's the only reaction for the both of us.
The hospital also made appointments for our second dose in 3 weeks.

From what I have read, the AstraZeneca gives more side effects during the first dose, but Pfizer gives more side effects during the second dose.  time will tell.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
Looks like Europe is back on with AstraZeneca   [tup]

https://apnews.com/article/eu-regulator-astrazeneca-benefit-outweighs-risk-37c3f8fa9523c58576cbff6d9c13a103
...the European regulator said there was “no indication” the shot was responsible [for blood clots].
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 04:12:39 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2021, 02:42:09 PM »
Thats good but the eu has already damaged the credibility of the vaccine,

Italy now blaming the decisions by EU leaders to block the vaccine as a political one.

They should be ashamed of themselves,  people are dying as they play games with vaccines and peoples lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2021, 04:16:00 PM »
I've been on the fence about it. Have family members and a few friends that have gone through the gene therapy aka vaccine and survived. Nebraska has decided to do this by age group and not by risk factor.  If you miss your age group call up you will have to wait.

Was planning on waiting as long as possible but today the local radio announced anyone 50-64 could walk in and get vaccinated with the Moderna tomorrow at the community college.   I called the health district and sure enough, they are allowing walk-ins but since I was on the phone she scheduled an appointment.

I don't feel good about it at all, still wavering due to the unknowns, and it doesn't help I'm not living in fear like my brother and some others I know who couldn't wait to get vaccinated.
I've always felt I would easily survive even if I caught Covid but I do have some risk factors so decided given the surprise opportunity it would be a mistake to turn it down so I'll show up and get poked at 12 noon tomorrow.

Randy

Offline the beteljuice

• the beteljuice
  • Forecaster
    • test site
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2021, 04:38:28 PM »
Quote from: randy
... it would be a mistake to turn it down so I'll show up and get poked at 12 noon tomorrow.
[tup] =D> =D>
Don't forget to change your 'vote' once you're poked  :-)
Imagine what you will KNOW tomorrow !

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2021, 04:58:35 PM »
I've been on the fence about it. Have family members and a few friends that have gone through the gene therapy aka vaccine and survived.
Oh come on...gene therapy? That is a funny joke. But to some people, they unfortunately believe that it is some sort of DNA changing conspiracy. It does no good for humanity to spread this non-sense even if it was intended as a joke. There are no secrets when it comes to the different vaccines and how they work. I can recommend some good easy to understand videos that show how messenger RNA (mRNA) works (Moderna, Pfizer), and how the traditional viral vector DNA vaccines work (J&J and AstraZeneca). None of them alter any DNA. I actually got very into some more in depth and complicated detailed videos and write-ups ...but I think they would bore most people.

This is a good basic understanding of mRNA vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOvvyqJ-vwo

Nebraska has decided to do this by age group and not by risk factor.  If you miss your age group call up you will have to wait.
Seems like they are not doing it by risk factor (like a doctors note requirement) but age is a risk factor consideration and so is occupation.  And it does not seem true that if you miss your age goup that you have to wait because according to their website it shows all previous groups can still apply to get the vaccine.
https://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information.aspx

See attached chart from that official site showing that all age groups do not have their turn expire when the next age group starts.
[attachment id=1 msg=427088]

Was planning on waiting as long as possible but today the local radio announced anyone 50-64 could walk in and get vaccinated with the Moderna tomorrow at the community college.   I called the health district and sure enough, they are allowing walk-ins but since I was on the phone she scheduled an appointment.
Good, I think you are doing the right thing. I'm happy that you cared enough to share your thoughts. I'm sure that you are not the only one that feels the way you do. Hopefully we can support others that feel the same. The only way the world can end this is for everyone to get onboard to get herd immunity, and I think it is a better plan to get there through the vaccine than risking being infected.

I don't feel good about it at all, still wavering due to the unknowns,
At this point the number of people that have received the vaccine and the number of months that have passed since, amounts to a more than adequate amount of time to have learned if there were other unknowns or consequences. I think there are still unknowns, but they are things like ..."how long does the protection last?", "what happens with viral variants?" Could we possibly learn something new in the future regarding these vaccines?...Yes, possibly, but I think I trust the medical community that getting the vaccine is the best decision and there is more than high confidence in its efficacy and overall health benefits. I think it is important to understand that the vaccine is a biological tool and not a chemical one. It is chemical drugs that are often associated years later to then learn of consequences of having taken a drug. Not the same thing.

and it doesn't help I'm not living in fear like my brother and some others I know who couldn't wait to get vaccinated.
I've always felt I would easily survive even if I caught Covid but I do have some risk factors so decided given the surprise opportunity it would be a mistake to turn it down so I'll show up and get poked at 12 noon tomorrow.

If you caught the virus you would become a spreader. If you are vaccinated and you get infected, then there would be less viral load in your body to spread. You could still potentially be a spreader, but to a much lesser extent.

I'm not a doctor. I could be totally wrong. But I read trusted sources and I find it fascinating to have learned a lot.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 07:02:58 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2021, 05:07:12 PM »
Here is another good video to answer some questions that seem to prevail among those that are apprehensive to getting the vaccine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZjK2eIDFM
Tele-Pole

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2021, 05:12:51 PM »
We're going to try again for a 4th of July reunion in NE, so guess I'll get tested right before then to see what condition my condition is in.

Offline funsutton

• Contributor
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2021, 05:13:16 PM »
Regarding someone becoming a spreader after they've been vaccinated, the New York Post reported that based on the sharing of Israeli data over the last three months, Pfizer has found that their vaccine is very effective at preventing both asymptomatic and symptomatic cases:

https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/pfizer-covid-vaccine-prevents-94-of-asymptomatic-infection-study/

Real-world data from Israel has revealed that Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine is 94 percent effective in preventing asymptomatic cases, the companies said Thursday.

Using data from Israel’s vaccination campaign between Jan. 17 and March 16, the vaccine was also found to prevent 97 percent of symptomatic disease, severe disease and death, the drugmakers said.

I assume that if the vaccine can prevent asymptomatic cases this well, that would mean someone would be less likely to become a 'spreader'.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2021, 06:22:24 PM »
All the data that I have digested seems to point to highly effective at preventing severe disease and ASLO fairly effective at stopping yoh from spreading even if infected. This is great news and amazing pace of progress.

Bit it is not the first time they worked on these type of.virus.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2021, 08:33:09 PM »
the New York Post reported
Whether they're right or wrong, relying on this garbage rag and 95% of MSM is a huge reason why we are in this rapidly developing cesspool of a country. I remember when "journalism" and non-bias reporting actually existed. Just one-in-a-million stories, but of course, half the country is oblivious. Absolute disgusting sign of the times.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/greg-gutfeld-blasts-wapos-deep-fake-news-after-massive-retraction-in-trump-georgia-reporting

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2021, 08:40:52 PM »
Having second thoughts tonight I'll decide tomorrow if I get it. I was ready early but bombarded with new info. 
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2021, 09:05:41 PM »
the New York Post reported
Whether they're right or wrong, relying on this garbage rag and 95% of MSM is a huge reason why we are in this rapidly developing cesspool of a country. I remember when "journalism" and non-bias reporting actually existed. Just one-in-a-million stories, but of course, half the country is oblivious. Absolute disgusting sign of the times.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/greg-gutfeld-blasts-wapos-deep-fake-news-after-massive-retraction-in-trump-georgia-reporting

Yeah, I saw the painful retraction. Outlets like ABC radio replayed that sound-bite top of the hour during the entire second fake impeachment.  What they left out was the soundbite was totally out of context.
Randy