Author Topic: Curly's Wx Story script  (Read 22577 times)

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
Re: Curly's Wx Story script
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2017, 06:25:11 AM »
Rick, another map change, please. psr (Phoenix) needs to be green. Had a chat with the manager here and he indicates they are now supporting Story. I have it up at http://tiggrweather.net/wxstory.php.

Thanks.

I'm not seeing any pic of the story?
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2017, 08:32:38 AM »

Rick, another map change, please. psr (Phoenix) needs to be green. Had a chat with the manager here and he indicates they are now supporting Story. I have it up at http://tiggrweather.net/wxstory.php.
Thanks.
Yes, I've been monitoring those out west and Boise seems to be the only one not having a Weather Story virtually every day.
I'll get the map changed later today hopefully.

Probably just timing. At time of your posting it is only 3-something AM out there so they just haven't posted it yet and the last one had expired.
They've had one daily that I've seen.
Severe Weather Manager-Vermilion County EMA
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2017, 08:44:39 AM »
There seems to be an issue displaying the Weather Story page out of Shreveport, LA this morning. On the initial display, 5 tabs are shown below the map. However, nothing is shown for the first one - SHV Radar. All the other ones work. However, when I go to the actual NWS page at http://www.weather.gov/shv/, there is radar showing on that first tab.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »
Weird. It was there late last night. I've seen 2 different pics in the past 2 days.
John
W7JKG

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »
Hmm - might be me (drat) or possibly the pic was coded wrong. There are numerous Freeze and Hard Freeze Warnings out (http://tiggrweather.net/wxadvisory.php) that don't expire until 0900 today but am not seeing them on http://tiggrweather.net/ where they should be. Most recent pics have shown data corresponding to these warnings.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:09:06 AM by jgillett »
John
W7JKG

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »
Alerts are back on my home page where they should be. The only thing I see on the story page is a header-like banner with 'Cold Weather' in it right below the map. Apparently a "pic"??
John
W7JKG

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »

Thanks.
Yes, I've been monitoring those out west and Boise seems to be the only one not having a Weather Story virtually every day.
I'll get the map changed later today hopefully.

Probably just timing. At time of your posting it is only 3-something AM out there so they just haven't posted it yet and the last one had expired.
They've had one daily that I've seen.

http://gosportwx.com/wxstory.php?i=psr

On my website I get this "Today's Weather Story has not been posted for Phoenix"
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
Not seeing that on mine, Mike. Only the banner mentioned above.
John
W7JKG

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2017, 12:23:58 PM »
On my website I get this "Today's Weather Story has not been posted for Phoenix"

When I go to that Phoenix link, below that map it says "Phoenix does not have the Weather Story".

Steve

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
+1

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2017, 05:36:50 PM »
Turns out the 'Cold Weather' banner just below the US map is actually a link. Clicking on it brings up the Story image. Not the way I would do it, but...
John
W7JKG

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2017, 07:51:36 PM »
There seems to be an issue displaying the Weather Story page out of Shreveport, LA this morning. On the initial display, 5 tabs are shown below the map. However, nothing is shown for the first one - SHV Radar. All the other ones work. However, when I go to the actual NWS page at http://www.weather.gov/shv/, there is radar showing on that first tab.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
I'd say you probably missed the post earlier about adding gif to the preg -replace list. That radar runs a gif image.
Here is the complete list to include getting rid of the ? that was hanging up some images.

Code: [Select]
// fix characters
  $html = preg_replace('/°/', '°', $html);                                         //  change it to an entity
  $html = preg_replace('/‘/', '\'', $html);                                            //  change stray character
  $html = preg_replace('/<u>/', '', $html);                                            //  fix error
  $html = preg_replace('/<\/u>/', '', $html);                                          //  fix error
  $html = preg_replace('/<br>/', '<br />', $html);                                     //  fix error
  $html = preg_replace("/\.png\?(.+?)/" , ".png " , $html);               // cut off random numbering of png
  $html = preg_replace("/\.png(.+?)/" , ".png " , $html);               // cut off random numbering of png
  $html = preg_replace("/\.jpg\?(.+?)/" , ".jpg " , $html);               // cut off random numbering of jpg
  $html = preg_replace("/\.gif\?(.+?)/" , ".gif " , $html);               // cut off random numbering of gif
  $html = preg_replace("/\?/" , " " , $html);               // cut off ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:16:47 PM by rrrick8 »
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2017, 09:02:46 PM »

I'd say you probably missed the post earlier about adding gif to the preg -replace list. That radar runs a gif image.
Here is the complete list to include getting rid of the ? that was hanging up some images.

Rick,

I had seen that post and "thought" I had updated the script, but obviously I hadn't. Sorry for the bother. It's working great now.

Thanks,

Steve

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »

Rick,

I had seen that post and "thought" I had updated the script, but obviously I hadn't. Sorry for the bother. It's working great now.

Thanks,

Steve

No problem.  Glad you got it working.
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »
I went ahead and updated the WS_map.png showing everything in the west as green with the exception of Boise.
Both Phoenix and Tucson haven't had theirs active the last couple of days but they were for numerous days prior to this. So they may still be spotty but with John saying they are going to be having it, I went ahead and updated those as well to green status.
Hopefully we have all the images extension problems ironed out.

CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2017, 11:07:50 AM »
I have to play Dumbo again. Where are you hiding the download link? The message where you originally had it - http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33102.msg338505#msg338505 - no longer shows it, and unless I've gone blind too I can't find it.

Thanks, and also for updating the map. True to form PSR is not showing a story for today.
John
W7JKG

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »
I have a challenging thought.  If one wished to display both the map and the story in a side-by-side manner, how hard would that be?  I imagine in addition to rearranging them, some re-sizing might be needed as well.  Is this goal too lofty?

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2017, 11:41:56 AM »
I have to play Dumbo again. Where are you hiding the download link? The message where you originally had it - http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33102.msg338505#msg338505 - no longer shows it, and unless I've gone blind too I can't find it.

Thanks, and also for updating the map. True to form PSR is not showing a story for today.

Should just be able to right click image and save it as WS_map.png then upload to your server.  I didn't add a link.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:44:51 AM by rrrick8 »
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2017, 07:54:46 PM »
Kind of weird that Melbourne, FL is the only site in that state that does not have a daily weather story but yet they do something similar to it daily called an Impact Weather Update or Graphicast. You can see it here.... http://www.weather.gov/mlb/blog
Wish they'd just do it like all the others then we could add it to the mix.
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2017, 07:26:02 PM »
PSR is working again, along with station and official record high temps at my site (28 Dec). Nice. Hopefully they'll keep at the story.
John
W7JKG

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2017, 07:40:16 PM »
PSR is working again, along with station and official record high temps at my site (28 Dec). Nice. Hopefully they'll keep at the story.

Yeah, I think they activated it just to show off the temps while the rest of the country is freezing.  :evil:
Seriously though, since I changed the map, they haven't had it active but a couple of times. Hopefully the frequency increases.
I've notice a few of the western sites haven't been posting during the holidays here as much as they did before. I'll just blame it on skeleton crew manning until after the New Year.
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
Even Boise has one active now. First time I've seen theirs active in ages.
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2017, 09:49:39 PM »
Definitely a mess in most of the rest of the country. It was running here for at least 3 days before I posted about it, then it stopped, now it's back. Hopefully they will keep their word.
John
W7JKG

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2017, 10:44:10 PM »
Have been reading this thread and decided to give wxstory a try. So, far, I have been able to get it to run decently however, I am having issues with both width and vertical sizing. I am using a standard Saratoga template. Some selections show a very wide and long area while others work as I think they should. I have looked at a couple other websites using the same code and they don't exhibit the same behavior I am seeing.

I've placed the link to my wxstory.php in my NWS Forecast & Advisories menu. The wxstory.php link is at the bottom of the forecast flyout menu item. Reno is my default and its width seems to be okay.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2017, 01:26:59 AM »
Unable to see any problems now as it shows, "Today's Weather Story has not been posted for Reno". Reno shows the same from my site. Would help if you could list some of the other cities you indicate are causing problems for you.
John
W7JKG

anything