Author Topic: New Atlas display with WiFi  (Read 7992 times)

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
Re: New Atlas display with WiFi
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
I purchased the bundle as well, I'll give them a week to at least come up with some sort of plan, if they can't give me something more than 'we're looking into it' after that, I will send everything back and look elsewhere.

Offline Dj1225

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2021, 12:10:11 AM »
So is it even better than Davis Pro 2?
:lol:

Offline Dj1225

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2021, 12:10:47 AM »
I purchased the bundle as well, I'll give them a week to at least come up with some sort of plan, if they can't give me something more than 'we're looking into it' after that, I will send everything back and look elsewhere.
Davis Vantage Pro 2  [tup]

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2021, 12:04:55 PM »
Well it's going back today, I'm just not satisfied with their inability to give me even a hint as to when they will have replacements available, I've used their products for many years and never had a problem up until now, the 5 in 1 that this Atlas replaced was still working fine after nearly a decade of use, I just wanted to upgrade, oh well, one thing that I am not satisfied with is having to foot the bill for shipping back a defective product.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »
With American Express (if you used it to purchase) you don't have to foot the bill to return. You get your money back 100%. It's up to the seller to issue you a call back tag to get their stuff back. YMMV with other credit cards.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2021, 12:28:17 PM »
With American Express (if you used it to purchase) you don't have to foot the bill to return. You get your money back 100%. It's up to the seller to issue you a call back tag to get their stuff back. YMMV with other credit cards.

That's a good idea, I paid with a Discover card, I'll have to check what their policy is.

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2021, 12:19:48 AM »
I would love to aquire a Pro 2, a little too pricey for me right now though.

Offline leweatherobzver

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2021, 04:33:41 PM »
Me too.
My weather station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCRALEI695
Setup: AcuRite 5-in-1 with Direct to WiFi Display

Offline Dj1225

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 10:06:36 PM »
Me too.
They are pricey but the old saying you get what you pay for. It's a great investment and sitting back knowing your data is accurate and it updates every 2 1/2 seconds you just set it up outside and let it do it's thing and just do some maintenance every couple months. Yes pricey but in the long run well worth it!!

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2021, 08:06:29 AM »
Buy once, cry once.  I bought my VP2 after waiting a year for the Atlas Elite.  The VP2 is already out of warranty, and still working fine.  The Atlas Elite?  Well, I hope that the thermometer is good for less than -40F, since I suspect that it is going to be a hold day in Hades when it finally launches.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2021, 10:25:41 AM »
It seems like Acurite has either put on hold the Elite or abandoned the idea... My Acurite Atlas is still working well. It tends to go through batteries much quicker than the 5n1 though. I have to change them every 8 months. The display did die, but I had the beta display to use.

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2021, 11:25:13 AM »
I had a VP1 years back that worked great for about 2 years until it started to register false rain readings in the winter.  It would register a couple hundred inches in a day.  That and the reeds for the anemometer and rain kept going bad as well as the humidity sensor which you can't get a replacement.  Was told by Davis to cover the rain gauge in winter to fix it.  Won't buy from them again.  I had a couple of Acurite 5in1's which both had the fan problems which they did fix but suffered from wind and direction problems, temperature and humidity problems, 2 displays that died and went through the smart hub debacle which took away the ability to grab my data to publish to my web sites.  I finally settled in on a couple of Ecowitt GW1002's which I have had real good luck with.  They have separate sensors so you can put the anemometer at the right height as well as the rain gauge and temp sensor and they make it real easy to get your data to feed my web pages.  If a sensor goes bad I just have to replace a inexpensive sensor.  Both have been up over a year without problems.  I can buy a bunch of sensors if one would go bad in comparison to shelling out big money for a VP2 and to ultimately get as good or better results because I can place the sensors where they need to be.
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2021, 03:26:28 PM »
Received my refund, minus shipping  :-x, so the search begins for a new setup, interesting to see that Amazon is still selling these even though AcuRite has pulled them...
 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MFSM3KQ/ref=emc_b_5_i?th=1

Offline RickInVa

• AcuRite Atlas w/ lightning detection & wind ext
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2021, 02:25:53 PM »
Ok, I stuck it out because I liked the station and the display worked except for the wi-fi.  So I got an email on Thursday from acu-rite that the issue was the power adapter.  Really?  I would have sworn it would be a coding issue or processor issue, but they said it was the power adapter.  But they fed-ex’d the adapter and I got it today.  Holy smokes, they were right.  6 weeks later, but I am fully up and running with my new atlas and WiFi display.  Haylee at Acu-Rite was especially helpful, even though it took their developers too long to troubleshoot and solve the issue.

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
Glad they got it straightened out for you, I would've liked to have kept mine as I've always liked their products, but I was using it for a school project and internet connectivity was a must, that is strange that a power supply could cause the wifi to drop out.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2021, 09:27:53 AM »
If the power supplies were noisy, that could kill the signals.