Weather Station Hardware > Davis Instruments Weather Stations

WeatherLink Console 6313 has arrived!

(1/112) > >>

lurk:
Hey everyone, the new console just came in. Here's some photos. It's been about 10 minutes and I'm still waiting for the update to complete. Will be uploading more photos.

Let me know if you have any questions or photo of anything specific and I can upload it!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

lurk:
After an hour, it seemed to hang up on the update even though the animation was still running. I couldn't find a way to restart it from this screen and there are no obvious physical buttons, so I attempted to reboot it by taking it off power. It didn't turn off due to the battery backup.

I noticed 3 pinhole buttons on the back behind the mounting point labeled (P, R, and U). There doesn't appear to be anything about those buttons in the documentation. I decided to try pressing the "R" button to see if it meant "restart." It restarted immediately after pressing it and the update installed fine.

Upon reboot, I did notice there was some screen burn-in from the updating screen, as pictured. This is a little concerning considering the unit was only on for a little over an hour.

tandy1000:
Congrats! Do you have a VP2 console? Would be great to see a pic of it next to that, and maybe a video of how the realtime updates look? I’m assuming that burn-in was very temporary… I hope!

lurk:
Thank you! Here's some side-by-sides with a VP2 console.

Some initial notes and impressions:
- The home button at the top is the only touchable object on the front screen
- The console doesn't download or sync any existing data from weatherlink.com. Connecting this to weatherlink.com sets it up as its own console and station.
- There doesn't appear to be a way to view AirLink data in the settings
- Live data updates as quickly as the original VP2 console. Wind speed and direction are in sync while side-by-side.
- Charts are limited to displaying 2 parameters
- Viewing angle is pretty good. Text is legible from any angle you can see it, and the colors don't appear washed out at extreme angles
- Screen DPI is good especially at about an arm's length away. You can start to notice the pixels at about a foot away from the screen

I'll try to get some videos within the next couple of days to show live updates and screen/menu responsiveness.

Chiky33:
Good morning,

Beautiful, you are in luck!!!! [tup]
If you don't mind, can you tell us which supplier did you order it from and which country do you live in? :-P

Thank you so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version