Weather Station Hardware > Other Weather Station Hardware

SHT45 in Barani/Comet/MetSpec shelters

<< < (2/5) > >>

hmderek:
Before I'm going to dive into all the links in your PDF, do you have a quick summary? Is there any obvious difference in behavior between the SHT35 and 45?

bianconero57:
it is indicated in the preamble of the document  [tup] the operating voltage range is different, and the SHT45 sensor measurement is more stable !

tobyportugal:

--- Quote from: hmderek on November 23, 2022, 07:08:37 AM ---Before I'm going to dive into all the links in your PDF, do you have a quick summary? Is there any obvious difference in behavior between the SHT35 and 45?

--- End quote ---

Hello Holland  [tup]

I still have some memories of Dutch studied at school (I am Belgian from Brussels)  #-o
I don't have many graphs because the 1st SHT45 moved around a lot in my house in Portugal and then in Antonio's house in France.
The daily graphs will be published following this example:
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZYlXBVZN6yoGusQFtYtrqCfcMpIL4tRiaek
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZidXBVZNFelrfy7gQR59AYxFcMkLudayKYV

I don't know yet if the little website I made will be public.
Example:

Attention: the links in the PDF are not about the SHT45, but about the demonstration of a problem with the "Ecowitt" style filters. 
I like your work very much, I have a little difficulty with the usefulness of a PT100 for an amateur.
Knowing the extreme very low resistance to measure without a very accurate power supply, it seems to me as accurate as a SHT35/45 in a well thought out holder.
Have a great evening, I look forward to hearing from you.   :grin:

hmderek:

--- Quote from: tobyportugal on November 23, 2022, 01:40:25 PM ---I don't know yet if the little website I made will be public.

--- End quote ---

Would love to know if it does go public. I'd enjoy digging into the data generated by your setup.

Wondering at the moment how long it will take before certain parties will start selling the SHT45 with probe a piece like with the SHT35. If it takes too long, I may very well get that set of those 5 presoldered + wired SHT45s you have.

--- Quote from: tobyportugal on November 23, 2022, 01:40:25 PM ---I like your work very much, I have a little difficulty with the usefulness of a PT100 for an amateur.
Knowing the extreme very low resistance to measure without a very accurate power supply, it seems to me as accurate as a SHT35/45 in a well thought out holder.

--- End quote ---

It's slightly more troublesome than some other sensor types. But Adafruit has a great breakout board called the MAX31865 which can read any PT100 with great results. I've compared it with standard 4-20mA PT100 transmitters and the results are pretty much identical.

If you do ever get into the PT100, I've tried several and I this is the one I've been using mostly: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32868816875.html

tobyportugal:

--- Quote from: hmderek on November 24, 2022, 05:12:37 AM ---

Wondering at the moment how long it will take before certain parties will start selling the SHT45 with probe a piece like with the SHT35. If it takes too long, I may very well get that set of those 5 presoldered + wired SHT45s you have.

--- End quote ---

This is a personal opinion, in a search for precision you should discard the ready to plug in SHTxx probes sold on the net.
The filters are of poor quality, often not equal to each other, the PCBs are fixed with silicone/glue, and the heights are not always similar.
Example of a month of data (Barani Pro2 SHT35 without filter, Barani Pro2 SHT35 with chinnese filter, Barani Pro3 SHT35 without filter) it is clear that it is always the SHT35 with filter that causes problems in changing or unusual conditions:

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZ4t0WVZ4OBd25cfgqVKV1ouUpE2HyX6TG37

The holder I use (see above) allows for optimal mounting and replacement without having to throw away each time.
I believe you have a Barani, so it can be mounted with a gland in the right direction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version