Weather Software > VP Tools (Virtual VP, VP Live, and VP Tools)

Need help setting up Virtual VP coms

<< < (2/17) > >>

chief-david:
I have been using TCP/IP for a while because on one computer the coms would not work.
It really does not matter which you use as long as the data gets into your software-right?
After you assign the ports on VVP and the software-shut down vvp and restart it. The software should start to collect data. 

The issue you may have is that VVP works great with data logger firmware 1.9, I am not sure that it works with 3.0. Someone will have to chime in on that issue.

Hope you get it working.

Tazz 316:

--- Quote from: chief-david on January 01, 2018, 11:22:18 AM ---I have been using TCP/IP for a while because on one computer the coms would not work.
It really does not matter which you use as long as the data gets into your software-right?
After you assign the ports on VVP and the software-shut down vvp and restart it. The software should start to collect data. 

The issue you may have is that VVP works great with data logger firmware 1.9, I am not sure that it works with 3.0. Someone will have to chime in on that issue.

Hope you get it working.

--- End quote ---

Still no luck maybe it is because i'm using 3.15 firmware.

waiukuweather:
you need to set the same port number in the software that vvp is set to (i.e 80 in your screen shots)

Tazz 316:

--- Quote from: waiukuweather on January 01, 2018, 01:22:15 PM ---you need to set the same port number in the software that vvp is set to (i.e 80 in your screen shots)

--- End quote ---

Your right, i changed it and it now works. I didn't see it up on the top lol

Now my next question is in  virtual VP  under activity it's flashing between "sent response for wake up console" and sending loop 1 of 1 that is what cumulus is using.

And weather link says "sending loop 3 0f 24"

I'm not sure what that means but things seem to be working so far.

waiukuweather:
that is all normal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version