Weather Station Hardware > Other Weather Station Hardware

Taylor Weatherscope 3108C wiring

<< < (2/3) > >>

DaleReid:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

tfurgeson:
I have been searching for this wiring diagram for the past 2 years as I moved into a house and have been determined to get this working.  If I'm reading this correctly, the lineup from top to bottom is:

1 - Copper
2 - Tin
3 - Copper
4 - Copper
5 - Tin

Now of course we have zero wind as I'm trying to test this out... but that is extremely rare in these parts.  Many thanks for posting these images, I didn't realize I couldn't see them until I was registered and logged in.  =D&gt;

DaleReid:
Considering the age of these units, there is a great possibility of a broken wire in the 5 conductor (rotator type ) cable, or even a bad coil up in the unit.

PLEASE, my curiosity is killing me so let us know how things turn out. I assume the sensor is not easily accessable where someone can spin it and rotate the direction vane.
Dale

tfurgeson:
My fumbling around on the roof in the dark would not surprise my neighbors or my wife... but I think I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to do some testing. 

I'll absolutely keep you posted and attach some pics if I have success or failure.

tfurgeson:
Happy to report I appear to have wind speed, but the direction is still flakey... we have a big storm coming in the next 24 to 48... so much tweaking and testing to do.  Keep you posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version