Setting up a Davis 6152 Vantage Pro 2 with MPB

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bushman:
That last line sums it up perfectly. :)

CaptMike:
You guys are great.  Thank you :grin:

CaptMike:
Beaudog,

When you say "USB data logger", are you talking about this - (http://www.weatherstations.co.uk/WL_for_Mac.htm), versus the Davis WeatherLink IP?  From what I read about the WLIP, it requires Windoz to work.  And if one had a PC, with this WLIP, you wouldn't need the MeteoBridge?  But that may be getting in the weeds. 

In summary:  VP2, WeatherLink for Mac OS 10 (the USB data logger, which consists of data logger and software), and MeteoBridge.  End of story?  I appreciate it.

wvdkuil:

--- Quote from: CaptMike on August 24, 2014, 02:56:25 PM ---Beaudog,

When you say "USB data logger", are you talking about this - (http://www.weatherstations.co.uk/WL_for_Mac.htm), versus the Davis WeatherLink IP?  From what I read about the WLIP, it requires Windoz to work.  And if one had a PC, with this WLIP, you wouldn't need the MeteoBridge?  But that may be getting in the weeds. 

In summary:  VP2, WeatherLink for Mac OS 10 (the USB data logger, which consists of data logger and software), and MeteoBridge.  End of story?  I appreciate it.

--- End quote ---
You do not need the software, maybe once for setup if you want to change the logging interval.
You only need the VP2 package with a console - USB  logger to keep it simple which goes in the console - and a Meteobridge to connect to the cable end of the USB logger.

Just think about the Meteobridge as a dedicated computer just for the weather processing. No screen, no keybord as all is done using a browser.

Succes, Wim

CaptMike:
OK, the VP2, Weatherbridge, USB-Hub #F5U407, USB-Stick, and 6520 USB Data Logger are being shipped.  They will be there when I get back.  I may have some more questions then.  Thank you all again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version