Author Topic: Wunderground FTP (part II)  (Read 690 times)

Offline butor20077

Wunderground FTP (part II)
« on: January 17, 2021, 02:30:02 PM »
I was trying again today to manually access the WU FTP (52.36.136.128)
When I login, I see now tons of directories with names all over the place (dates, "test", webcam names, etc)

I guess they are working (or messing?) with the structure and/or permissions.

I tried uploading an image.jpg, but it is still not showing on the wundermap or the dashboard.

Offline jimi

• Contributor
    • Well Road Weather
Re: Wunderground FTP (part II)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 06:18:11 AM »
Can I ask why your trying to access the server using an IP address and not the ftp address (webcam.wunderground.com) ? If you lookoo at your Devices page on Wunderground is your camera shown as online ?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:20:34 AM by jimi »
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 07:01:17 AM »
Can I ask why your trying to access the server using an IP address and not the ftp address (webcam.wunderground.com) ? If you lookoo at your Devices page on Wunderground is your camera shown as online ?

Using the IP address seems to have better results for many of us. For me it was hit and miss with the "webcam.x.x" and I switched to the IP and been going (2 cams) for a good long time.

CW3699

Offline jimi

• Contributor
    • Well Road Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 10:30:53 AM »
Curious, I've always used webcam.wunderground.com, never had any problems connecting or uploading using that, any problems have all been to do with file size and. name. Some cams I've used won't let you specify the file name or size, once I found a way round that I haven't had any problems adding/removing cams.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Offline butor20077

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 08:32:26 PM »
I think that some people have legacy accounts that are still working, but new accounts or people who made a change (like myself) are just out of luck.
I can login the FTP just fine, my device is shown as "online" from time to time, but the pictures are never showing.
I know about the filename (image.jpg) and size limit (below 150 Ko).
I tried uploading in the "/" directory, in the "/test" directory, nothing works.