Author Topic: Push-notification from GW1000  (Read 705 times)

Offline arer

Push-notification from GW1000
« on: December 07, 2021, 02:33:52 PM »
Hi
I have tried the apps WS View & Ecowitt and the site Ewowitt.net but I can only get e-mail-notification and this morning i had 47 mail that it was below zero in my waterpumproom Is there some way to get push-notifications to my phone, its on the same wifi.

I really like the GW1000 and WH31 and end up using it for ageing game and beer fermentation and the Ecowitt-app is good/easy to use but I miss notifications 

Offline WA4OPQ

• Forecaster
  • 4 stations: 2902 array, GW1000, 3 on Meteobridge
Re: Push-notification from GW1000
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 11:08:33 PM »
I haven't seen a way to set up a private SMS gateway on a home LAN, but I think I have a solution for you:

Meteobridge receives the data from the GW1000 and can be programmed to trigger on any condition you would like to monitor and then sends you a message via your wireless service. It uses Messagebird, a service that charges a small fee but it is very reasonable. Meteobridge does much more, I think you'll like it.

https://www.meteobridge.com

Offline wardie

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 04:44:18 PM »
You could use FOSHKplugin and/or Weewx to feed MQTT broker with events and then do what you like with it, with a suitable client to process messages
Froggit HP1000SE Pro-C console (HP2551-C)
Froggit HP1000SE Pro ultrasonic multi sensor with Ecowitt EC0002 heater (WS80)
Ecowitt Anemometer 5-in-1 array (WS68)
Froggit DP80 rain gauge (WH40) with spikes
Froggit indoor temp/humidity/pressure (WH32B)
Froggit DP50 Internal temp/humidity x2 (WH31)
Ecowitt Outdoor temp/humidity & RS-00001 shield (WH32)
Froggit DP200 PM2.5 outdoor (WH41)
Ecowitt indoor CO2 PM2.5 PM10 (WH45)
Froggit DP100 soil moisture (WH51)
Froggit DP60 Lightning detector (WH57)
Froggit DP1500 server dongle (GW1000A) x2
Raspberry Pi 4 / WeeWx-GW1000 API interface
WU: IKNEBW2

Online olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3800C
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 06:11:32 PM »
Hi!

You could use FOSHKplugin and/or Weewx to feed MQTT broker with events
Although FOSHKplugin cannot (yet) handle user-specific push notifications (I'm still thinking about how to implement a configuration option), any data manipulation is possible with the Exec function.
So you could just start a small script that checks the output data of the weather station for exceeding/falling below threshold values before the actual transmission and then sends a push notification if necessary.

However, it probably makes more sense to use the individual queries (getvalue) straight away.
If I wanted to be warned when the temperature falls below a certain limit (I use FOSHKplugin), I would simply install a cron job that queries the corresponding temperature at intervals and warns if the temperature falls below it with email, SMS, push notification or Alexa voice output.
Here is an example for the outside temperature:

cron:
Code: [Select]
*/5 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/checkTemp.sh

And the actual bash script, which is started every 5 minutes via cron. Of course, you can change the interval as you like.
checkTemp.sh:
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
# generate a push notification via Pushover when the outside temperature is undershot or exceeded (demo)

# Pushover settings
po_token='YOURPUSHOVERTOKEN'                                   # Pushover API token
po_user='YOURPUSHOVERUSER'                                     # Pushover user name
po_title='checkTemp.sh-Warning'                                # Pushover message title
po_message=''                                                  # Pushover message - will be filled later

# thresholds
temp_min_thrs=5.5                                              # temperature min threshold
temp_max_thrs=25.5                                             # temperature max threshold

# main
tempc=`curl -s http://192.168.15.236:8080/getvalue?key=tempc`  # retrieve temperature in °C (use tempf for °F)
if [[ ! -z "$tempc" ]]; then                                   # make sure of value
  if (( $(echo "$tempc < $temp_min_thrs" |bc -l) )); then      # if current temp < min threshold do:
    # outdoor temperature min
    po_message="outdoor temperature (${tempc}°C) is below ${temp_min_thrs}°C!"
    #echo $po_message                                          # remove for cron
    curl -s -o /dev/null --form-string "token=${po_token}" --form-string "user=${po_user}" --form-string "title=${po_title}" --form-string "message=$po_message" https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json
  elif (( $(echo "$tempc > $temp_max_thrs" |bc -l) )); then    # if current temp > max threshold do:
    # outdoor temperature max
    po_message="outdoor temperature (${tempc}°C) is higer than ${temp_max_thrs}°C!"
    #echo $po_message                                          # remove for cron
    curl -s -o /dev/null --form-string "token=${po_token}" --form-string "user=${po_user}" --form-string "title=${po_title}" --form-string "message=$po_message" https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json
  fi
fi

What is still missing here is a routine to avoid permanent push notifications - otherwise a corresponding message would be issued every 5 minutes if the temperature value is outside the threshold values.

Oliver

Offline zoomx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 12:32:26 PM »
Although FOSHKplugin cannot (yet) handle user-specific push notifications (I'm still thinking about how to implement a configuration option), any
Maybe a Telegram bot?

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 12:53:42 PM »
Hi
I have tried the apps WS View & Ecowitt and the site Ewowitt.net but I can only get e-mail-notification and this morning i had 47 mail that it was below zero in my waterpumproom Is there some way to get push-notifications to my phone, its on the same wifi.

I really like the GW1000 and WH31 and end up using it for ageing game and beer fermentation and the Ecowitt-app is good/easy to use but I miss notifications
most cell phone companies have an email to sms process.  Verizon = <phone number>@vtext.com ie. email sent to 7705551212@vtext.com would send an SMS with the data (albeit size limits of sms) to (770)555-1212 phone.

https://avtech.com/articles/138/list-of-email-to-sms-addresses/

Offline kheller2

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 02:19:44 PM »
What is still missing here is a routine to avoid permanent push notifications - otherwise a corresponding message would be issued every 5 minutes if the temperature value is outside the threshold values.

Oliver

When value is outside of threshold, and file doesn't exist, send alert, store value in file.
As long as threshold is still exceeded and file exists, don't send alert.
If threshold is normal, and file exists fire reset notice, remove file.

or something convoluted like that.

But then you get into the condition where the value is going in an out of range over a time period (which you may want to be alerted about).

One needs to decide if the transition is what fires the alert, or the condition.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 02:21:16 PM by kheller2 »
Ambient Consoles: WS-2000, WS-1900, WS-1200, WS-2902C, WS-3000-X3, WS-0900-IP(observerIP), WS-1001-WIFI
Ambient Arrays: WH65B
Ambient Sensors: WH31E(3), WH31B(2), WH32B, WH31SM(2), WH31PGW, AQIN, WH31LA(3)
Ambient Spares: WH24B(2), WH25B.
Ecowitt: HP2551BU, GW1000B(dead), GW1100B(2), GW2000B
Ecowitt Sensors: WH51, WN34BL, WN34(2), WH31, WH41, WH40