Author Topic: Member ID - Eternity?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline rlee171

• Contributor
Member ID - Eternity?
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:55:59 PM »
I would like to add Blitzortung to my site without using the add filled LightningMaps.org site. I submitted my request and this was the response:
"Your request is ranked at position 4857 of 5018. If detectors are available, persons with a low rank are contacted by email. The lowest rank is 1. Your rank is decreased when lower requests were processed. You can query your rank, by sending a request with the same email address." I'm 65 and will be dead or my wife can show me my approval while I'm in a nursing home!!  I can't believe all the request ahead of me are from legitimate personal weather station owners with websites although surely there are some. This is unbelieveable, any suggestions for an alternative?

Ralph
Davis VP2 
Blitzortung Stations: 1387  1445  2315
Cumulus
GRLevel3

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Member ID - Eternity?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
I would like to add Blitzortung to my site without using the add filled LightningMaps.org site. I submitted my request and this was the response:
"Your request is ranked at position 4857 of 5018. If detectors are available, persons with a low rank are contacted by email. The lowest rank is 1. Your rank is decreased when lower requests were processed. You can query your rank, by sending a request with the same email address." I'm 65 and will be dead or my wife can show me my approval while I'm in a nursing home!!  I can't believe all the request ahead of me are from legitimate personal weather station owners with websites although surely there are some. This is unbelieveable, any suggestions for an alternative?

Ralph

I got lucky and someone decided to sell their kit on ebay.  I think I paid a bit of premium for it, though.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 07:28:18 PM »
FWIW, I applied about three years ago, and just received the email invitation over this past weekend.  The list was 6,000+ deep at the time, so there is hope.

You should keep in mind that this is sold in kit form, so hopefully someone at that nursing home knows how to solder..... :lol:
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 08:02:26 PM »
You should keep in mind that this is sold in kit form, so hopefully someone at that nursing home knows how to solder..... :lol:

I was worried about the soldering as my skills aren't the greatest.  However, I was really impressed at how easily the kit went together.

Offline rlee171

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys...  68 or 69 is better than no hope at all...
Davis VP2 
Blitzortung Stations: 1387  1445  2315
Cumulus
GRLevel3

anything