Author Topic: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.  (Read 57949 times)

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
Re: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.
« Reply #975 on: September 18, 2020, 02:48:04 AM »
Here is a brilliant counterbalancing albeit self-promoting genius with an excellent track record.  Ignore him at your and America's peril.  Oh, and BTW, bad data and flawed models still inform bad decisions.

But uh, oh, the reality is that COVID-19 hospitalizations at the Stillwater Regional Hospital has doubled to 8 as of September 17, 2020. Fortunately,, though, only two are in ICU.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #976 on: September 18, 2020, 08:40:58 AM »
survived surgery.1.5hr operation turned into 3hr.

stay safe.
Good news!
Now of course you do know your anny will need maintenance this week. :-)
:lol: you're probably right!!!

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #977 on: September 18, 2020, 09:20:00 AM »
Here is a brilliant counterbalancing albeit self-promoting genius with an excellent track record.  Ignore him at your and America's peril.  Oh, and BTW, bad data and flawed models still inform bad decisions.

But uh, oh, the reality is that COVID-19 hospitalizations at the Stillwater Regional Hospital has doubled to 8 as of September 17, 2020. Fortunately,, though, only two are in ICU.
OK. ](*,)
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #978 on: September 18, 2020, 10:51:11 AM »
  A month or so ago my granddaughter, who we have had custody of since birth, came down with a 102° fever and cough. Oh Lord, we have covid-19 in the house.....we are all gonna die...call lawyer and get affairs in order. This rocked on for a couple of days waiting on the dreaded "positive" result. Well it came back negative and we breathed a sigh of relief since the wife has COPD and I have CLL we lived to see another newscast reminding us of how lucky we had been. Having raised children now for what seems my entire life we weren't terribly concerned about the 102° fever though we were watchful. Under 'normal' circumstances we would have taken her in to our Doctor with a ongoing fever but we didn't due to this covid-19 fear that had been beaten into out heads.
  All turned out OK as she improved after a few days but the moral of this story is don't fall for the covid-19 trap. I am so glad she didn't have something much more serious because we did not act as we would have normally acted in the past and gotten her on to the Doc. Be careful of peeking out from behind closed curtains and reacting(not reacting) to the day-to-day life events solely on covid fears. Only know of two people who have even had this crap and it was described as a 'cold' and not even a bad 'cold' at that. Did not pass it on to even one other person in houses full of family.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:05:06 AM by AWL »

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #979 on: September 18, 2020, 12:56:58 PM »
I'm glad your granddaughter's situation turned out well for her.  I agree that if you have something that you need to see a doctor about then by all means see a doctor.  But, I don't think the families of the nearly 200k USA COVID-19 patients that have died would consider it just a "cold", though.  The possible millions of people that have long-term health issues after "surviving" COVID-19 probably won't refer to it as a "cold", either.

A month or so ago my granddaughter, who we have had custody of since birth, came down with a 102° fever and cough. Oh Lord, we have covid-19 in the house.....we are all gonna die...call lawyer and get affairs in order. This rocked on for a couple of days waiting on the dreaded "positive" result. Well it came back negative and we breathed a sigh of relief since the wife has COPD and I have CLL we lived to see another newscast reminding us of how lucky we had been. Having raised children now for what seems my entire life we weren't terribly concerned about the 102° fever though we were watchful. Under 'normal' circumstances we would have taken her in to our Doctor with a ongoing fever but we didn't due to this covid-19 fear that had been beaten into out heads.
  All turned out OK as she improved after a few days but the moral of this story is don't fall for the covid-19 trap. I am so glad she didn't have something much more serious because we did not act as we would have normally acted in the past and gotten her on to the Doc. Be careful of peeking out from behind closed curtains and reacting(not reacting) to the day-to-day life events solely on covid fears. Only know of two people who have even had this crap and it was described as a 'cold' and not even a bad 'cold' at that. Did not pass it on to even one other person in houses full of family.

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #980 on: September 18, 2020, 06:26:06 PM »
I see that positivity and case numbers are going up again in many places in the USA , linked to college /University coming back
there is going to be another 100,000 deaths (on top of the 200,000 to date) by end of the year going by models projections used by the White House ( which have actually under predicted the deaths so far for every projection)..this will happen at the current 1000 a day deaths in the USA ...increased mask use by the public is predicted to decrease that by a significant amount.
I am surprised to see people on this forum and this thread basiclly still calling it a hoax
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:29:21 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #981 on: September 19, 2020, 07:57:06 AM »
For the first time we have decided to apply the mitigation techniques designed to control STD's and extremely virulent, highly contagious, often fatal, and easily identifiable diseases to a somewhat more virulent, rarely fatal strain of a common cold virus.  We haven't applied these techniques to other such viruses, such as the influenza viruses, and for good reason.

This epidemic has become a political football despite all assertions to the contrary.  And this is as apolitical as I can get on the subject.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #982 on: September 19, 2020, 08:49:05 AM »
Some perspective comparing Covid-19 to our annual influenza death rates--

U.S. Covid-19 deaths as of today: 198,603 and projected to reach 300,000 by the end of the year.

vs:

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter/

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years...

...."In recent years, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to — in the worst year — 56,000, according to the CDC.

Last fall and winter, the U.S. went through one of the most severe flu seasons in recent memory. It was driven by a kind of flu that tends to put more people in the hospital and cause more deaths, particularly among young children and the elderly.

The season peaked in early February. It was mostly over by the end of March, although some flu continued to circulate.
Making a bad year worse, the flu vaccine didn’t work very well.....

But don't worry, Covid-19  is going away (someday) so let's all get together in large indoor spaces without masks.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #983 on: September 19, 2020, 02:51:14 PM »
@gwwilk
do you not see that even with mitagation in use like social distancing, encouraging people to wash their hands, wear masks, the Covid 19 virus has still killed 200,000 people in the USA and another 100,000 are projected to die by the end of the year and yet here you are still trying to downplay it?
(and if more people took it seriously then the death toll would be lower)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:53:56 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #984 on: September 19, 2020, 03:19:15 PM »
@gwwilk
do you not see that even with mitagation in use like social distancing, encouraging people to wash their hands, wear masks, the Covid 19 virus has still killed 200,000 people in the USA and another 100,000 are projected to die by the end of the year and yet here you are still trying to downplay it?

Assertions such as these aren't supported by hard facts.  When the CDC declared that anyone with a positive COVID-19 test who dies has to be counted as a 'COVID-19 death', all reason went out the window.  The models are flawed by similar biases so their predictions aren't aren't and haven't been reliable either.

(and if more people took it seriously then the death toll would be lower)

This is wildly speculative at best.  At its worst it's political mayhem.

To see a great example of mitigation fatigue, look at the stands in the OSU/Tulsa football game today.  Do you care to predict how many deaths will result from this wantonly social behavior?

Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline the beteljuice

• the beteljuice
  • Forecaster
    • test site
« Reply #985 on: September 19, 2020, 04:13:41 PM »
Do you at least accept that the Weekly number of deaths (from all causes) 'threshold for excess deaths' has been surpassed every week since W/E 28 Mar 2020 - and to do nothing would be at least irresponsible if not actually negligent and immoral ?
Imagine what you will KNOW tomorrow !

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #986 on: September 19, 2020, 04:45:32 PM »
This epidemic has become a political football despite all assertions to the contrary.
Absolutely....til Nov.4th, then Covid will be shoved to the back burner so the "rigged election" witch hunt can begin. And I'm sure that just for starters.

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #987 on: September 19, 2020, 05:14:48 PM »
@beteljuice:  I hold your scripting skills in high regard!

Do you at least accept that the Weekly number of deaths (from all causes) 'threshold for excess deaths' has been surpassed every week since W/E 28 Mar 2020

A 'gotcha' question in the best press conference tradition!  I think this number is accurate.  So, yes.

- and to do nothing would be at least irresponsible if not actually negligent and immoral ?

The evidence that doing the 'something' that's being done is 'something' that is useful is far from conclusive.  So, no.  Protecting the most vulnerable is a better approach which is moral and not negligent.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #988 on: September 21, 2020, 01:35:47 AM »
@beteljuice:  I hold your scripting skills in high regard!

Do you at least accept that the Weekly number of deaths (from all causes) 'threshold for excess deaths' has been surpassed every week since W/E 28 Mar 2020

A 'gotcha' question in the best press conference tradition!  I think this number is accurate.  So, yes.

- and to do nothing would be at least irresponsible if not actually negligent and immoral ?

The evidence that doing the 'something' that's being done is 'something' that is useful is far from conclusive.  So, no.  Protecting the most vulnerable is a better approach which is moral and not negligent.

Right, the most vulnerable need protected better somehow.  This 28 year old man with covid is very sick in the hospital in Oklahoma City.  It didn't help he has diabetes and is overweight:  https://kfor.com/health/coronavirus/28-year-old-moore-man-battling-covid-19-texts-his-mom-thank-you-for-everything-before-going-into-coma/

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #989 on: September 21, 2020, 03:11:25 PM »
Protecting the most vulnerable is a better approach which is moral and not negligent.
which is done by everyone doing there part (via mitigation)
otherwise the only solution is to ship them all off to an offshore island
or are you saying let it run rampant in the rest of the population to build up herd immunity and cut off this part of the population (and the care workers) from their family and friends completely?. Sweden tried a form of that and their death toll is horrendous compared to neighbouring countries. Is that what you are proposing?

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #990 on: September 21, 2020, 07:25:46 PM »
Protecting the most vulnerable is a better approach which is moral and not negligent.
...cut off this part of the population (and the care workers) from their family and friends completely?...
That's actually what is being done now to some extent.  My 90 y/o brother-in-law was hospitalized last month for several days after a fall resulted in a C-5 spinal fracture.  From there he went to a rehabilitation facility for a week or so.  In both facilities he was allowed NO visitors, only phone calls.  He's back home temporarily now.  I see my sister and him several times a week.  Because of this I'm very cautious about where I go, I always wear a mask, and I always sanitize my hands after I open my car door before I get aboard it.  Because he's now dependent on a walker and has other care needs, he's moving to an excellent assisted-living facility later this week where he will also be in a total lockdown, i.e. no visitors, for two weeks.

I agree that there are no easy answers.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #991 on: September 22, 2020, 09:57:14 AM »
One thing I've done to boost my immune system is quercetin phytosome which is 20 times more absorbable than regular quercetin and zinc picolinate, bisglycinate or Life Extension OptiZinc®.  The problem with many supplements they don't absorb past the gut barrier.
Thorne Research has the patent on quercetin phytosome, best price I found was through MD Supplies out of Florida. Fast shipping too comes from the Thorne warehouse in SC.

Quercetin is a zinc ionophore allowing zinc into the virus and disrupting replication.  This is a prophylatic being recommended by many doctors.

My daily regiment is 250mg quercetin phytosome x3 and zinc bisglycinate 30mg daily along with vitamin D, C, bromelain, and bilberry.

I was exposed to the virus through friends and never came up positive one of them had other health issues and got hospitalized for 9 days and has recovered now and back home.
Randy

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #992 on: September 22, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »
otherwise the only solution is to ship them all off to an offshore island
or are you saying let it run rampant in the rest of the population to build up herd immunity and cut off this part of the population (and the care workers) from their family and friends completely?. Sweden tried a form of that and their death toll is horrendous compared to neighbouring countries. Is that what you are proposing?
Have you actually looked what is happening now in Sweden? 
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #993 on: September 22, 2020, 06:48:01 PM »
Randy nice to see you posting, if only sporadically.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #994 on: September 22, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »
Randy nice to see you posting, if only sporadically.
=D>

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #995 on: September 23, 2020, 11:15:48 PM »
Thanks guys, Still testing if interested follow my blog tomorrow I'll post graphs of the Davis shield on steroids with a new fan vs the Meteroshield Pro.

https://www.valentinenebraska.net/blogpage.php
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #996 on: September 23, 2020, 11:51:05 PM »
Thanks guys, Still testing if interested follow my blog tomorrow I'll post graphs of the Davis shield on steroids with a new fan vs the Meteroshield Pro.

https://www.valentinenebraska.net/blogpage.php
Wilco. I believe I sent you and Jerry both the e-mail about how I felt my 60cfm was over powered due to it's ability to suck too much insolation off the desert floor in the heat of the summer day causing ridiculous swings. Having an SF2 cap doesn't help either. Next service I was going to put in my 40cfm backup and see how it does. All that said, I highly doubt you'll have my "problem".
Look forward to your results.

PS: Another good thing about a big fan vs passive..never deal with bugs.

Edit: Sorry for the OT, don't want to upset anyone, we'll obviously move this elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:05:56 AM by CW2274 »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #997 on: September 24, 2020, 12:34:09 AM »
Yeah the 40 cfm works good. 
Staying on topic check this out.  https://www.valentinenebraska.net/90.mp4    This explains why some of the people that were positive and should have gotten very sick like a 100-year-old and 84 year old here in nursing home never got sick with a positive test.

Part 2: https://www.valentinenebraska.net/part2.mp4
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:40:22 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #998 on: September 24, 2020, 12:56:58 AM »

Staying on topic check this out.  https://www.valentinenebraska.net/90.mp4   

Part 2: https://www.valentinenebraska.net/part2.mp4
I'd say I was speechless, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #999 on: September 24, 2020, 01:01:05 AM »
CW2274 I added some 100 thread silk at the inlet screen cap reduced the airflow on the 46cfm from sucking up a full page of computer paper to just a paper towel you might try. Plus you don't need a filter on sensor being the inlet has a filter.
Randy