Author Topic: status page not showing current  (Read 3146 times)

Offline johnah

• Loris SC Weather
status page not showing current
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »
The "Weather-Display weather data" section of the page is showing not current with a date of Dec. 31 1969. I have searched the forum and rechecked the setting in WD but no luck. The rest of the site seems to updating. This is my first attempt at a website and the templates are great.

I would appreciate it if someone would look at the page and give me some suggestions.

http://www.herringtonventures.com/wxstatus.php

Thanks for the help.
John

Offline Stetson1

• Cordera Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Cordera Weather
Re: status page not showing current
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:22:50 PM »
It has something to do with the TestTags.php file. Are you sure you have the correct file, a common mistake is to copy a non-blank testtags.txt file for upload by WD. Double check the base txt file and make sure it does not have data in it.

Todd

Offline johnah

• Loris SC Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
It has something to do with the TestTags.php file. Are you sure you have the correct file, a common mistake is to copy a non-blank testtags.txt file for upload by WD. Double check the base txt file and make sure it does not have data in it.

Todd

Todd

I checked the testtags.txt file in the wdisplay/webfiles folder and it was blank and the testags.php file in the same folder was showing the correct date.

I don't understand why the site seems to be updating but the status shows not current.
John

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:46:45 PM »
Todd,
Your script is actually working.  Right now it says current for the first file. Age 2min 2 seconds.

I believe "Weather-Display FTP" is looking for tesstags.php.  How often are you uploading it?  Last time I checked it said not current, and the time was just over 10 minutes.

Not sure what "Weather-Display weather data" is looking for.
I am at work right now so I cant download the new tempate to see what the default is.....  I would think it would be looking for clientraw.txt, but then again the description would be something like WD realtime...

My status page was pre when Ken put his in the templates.   Look at your source, it should give the file names it is looking for, and the time in seconds.

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
Your testtags.php shows
Code: [Select]
// General OR Non Weather Specific/SUN/MOON
// ========================================
$time =  '4:20 PM'; // current time
$date =  '18/05/11'; // current date
and your Settings.php has
$SITE['WDdateMDY'] = true; so the scripts are expecting dates like mm/dd/yy and your WD is producing dates as dd/mm/yy format.

I suggest you change your WD setup to have dates produced in USA format (mm/dd/yy) and the problem will be solved :)

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline johnah

• Loris SC Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »
Your testtags.php shows
// General OR Non Weather Specific/SUN/MOON
// ========================================
$time =  '4:20 PM'; // current time
$date =  '18/05/11'; // current date
and your Settings.php has
$SITE['WDdateMDY'] = true; so the scripts are expecting dates like mm/dd/yy and your WD is producing dates as dd/mm/yy format.

I suggest you change your WD setup to have dates produced in USA format (mm/dd/yy) and the problem will be solved :)

Best regards,
Ken

Problem Solved!  :grin:

Thanks Ken,
Everything is working now. Such a simple fix, I am ashamed to say how much time I spent on this before I asked.
I love the templates, great job.
John

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 12:13:50 PM »
You're very welcome, John :)

Glad you like the template set.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything