Author Topic: Color rendering incorrect in Firefox  (Read 4020 times)

Offline bill-e

• Converse Meadow Pond, Rindge NH
Color rendering incorrect in Firefox
« on: February 19, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
Has anyone else noticed this.   When I use Firefox my dynamic header weather information is purple instead of white....which makes it unreadable in the darker styles (and I like Black)

I looked at the black css file and the colors appear to be correct in it but when using Firefox they aren't.

Wondering if a css fix is possible??

Thanks
  Bill

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
Re: Color rendering incorrect in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »
You might want to correct the validation errors. This may correct the problem.
http://validator.w3.org/

While contemporary Web browsers do an increasingly good job of parsing even the worst HTML “tag soup”, some errors are not always caught gracefully. Very often, different software on different platforms will not handle errors in a similar fashion, making it extremely difficult to apply style or layout consistently.

Using standard, interoperable markup and stylesheets, on the other hand, offers a much greater chance of having one's page handled consistently across platforms and user-agents. Indeed, most developers creating rich Web applications know that reliable scripting needs the document to be parsed by User-Agents without any unexpected error, and will make sure that their markup and CSS is validated before creating a rich interactive layer.

When surveyed, a large majority of Web professionals will state that validation errors is the first thing they will check whenever they run into a Web styling or scripting bug.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:37:42 AM by DougW »

Offline bill-e

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
hmm, so are these errors normal?  I've not touched most of these scripts and none of the css files.

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
I don't know about 'normal'. But, to be sure that your pages display correctly in all browsers it would be best to have "no" errors. I went through all my pages one at a time(I had more errors than you have for sure). I started at the first error on each page and worked my way through. Sometimes one error corrected will fix several others. I am very slow so this took several days for my site and still not done. Good luck if you decide to do this.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:21:23 AM by DougW »

Offline bill-e

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »
I've discovered that it's definitely my header file that's causing the problem.  Hopefully I can figure out what's wrong.

Offline bill-e

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
Ok, I fixed the problem.  Not sure if I'm going to correct all the validation errors though....might have to wait till I'm real bored :)