Author Topic: Have a meteobridge - which (Davis?) device do I need?  (Read 852 times)

Offline fish1552

• KGALUDOW3
Have a meteobridge - which (Davis?) device do I need?
« on: June 03, 2021, 11:08:31 AM »
Ok, after having issues getting by AcuRite device working with my meteobridge (I could not get the bridge part working), I decided after getting some higher temps between 1-4pm, to just go and buy a new PWS.  Since I already have the meteobridge, I was debating on getting a Davis.  It is my understanding that I need the WeatherLink Live device to use it with the meteobridge?  After seeing the https://www.scaledinstruments.com/ site and looking at those devices, will any of them work, as long as I have the WLL? 
Any recommendations between the:
6110 Vantage Vue = Vue ISS (6357) + WLL w/o Vue console ($321.34)
6120 Vantage Vue = Complete Vue (6250), /w Vue console + ISS, + WLL (6100) ($411.09)
6112 Vantage Pro2 = VP2 ISS (6322) + WLL  w/o VP2 console ($480.13)
It looks like the 6112 model would be easier to replace individual units when they fail down the road.  Likely because it is a Professional Grade model?

I'll also entertain suggestion on other PWS for use with the MB.  Just explain why.

EDIT:  I currently have log-ins established for Weather Underground, WeatherCloud, AWEKAS, PWS Weather, CWOP, Windy, OpenMap,  that I would like to use.  I was using a cronjob to report to PWS but forgot that when I replaced my SmartHub with the Access, it cut that off too.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 12:42:26 PM by fish1552 »

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Have a meteobridge - which (Davis?) device do I need?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 11:23:31 AM »
For anyone not familiar with the model numbers quoted (which are bundle product numbers, introduced fairly recently):

6110 = Vue ISS (6357) + WLL (6100), ie no Vue console;

6120 = Complete Vue (6250), ie console + ISS, + WLL (6100)

6112 = VP2 ISS (6322) + WLL (6100), ie again VP2 ISS only, no VP2 console

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 02:02:16 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline fish1552

• KGALUDOW3
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 12:02:34 PM »
For anyone not familiar with the model numbers quoted:

6110 = Vue ISS (6357) + WLL (6100), ie no Vue console;

6120 = Complete Vue (6250), ie console + ISS, + WLL (6100)

6112 = VP2 ISS (6322) + WLL (6100), ie again VP2 ISS only, no VP2 console

Thanks.  I added the description along with prices to my original post.

Offline doubleohwhatever

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 12:03:23 PM »
I'll also entertain suggestion on other PWS for use with the MB.  Just explain why.

If a VP2 is within your budget then I would go that route. If you're looking for something that costs a little less, take a look at the Fine Offset units instead of a Vue.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 12:32:34 PM »

I was debating on getting a Davis.

Either the Davis Vue ISS with WLL or the VP2 ISS with WLL can update to the Weatherlink App, weatherlink.com, CWOP and WU without anything else (no meteobridge needed).  Either of the ISS with WLL can also work with third-party programs like CumulusMX and from there update to the other weather sites like WU, Windy, AWEKAS, Weathercloud, PWSWeather, WOW, APRS/CWOP, OpenMap, WindGuru and at no additional cost.  The basic WL.com is at no cost but limited to current data display, and for historical data and charts a pay subscription is needed.

While totally independent of the ISS and WLL, you could also consider the Davis AirLink and then the air quality will be included in the WL App and WL.com and also uploaded by CumulusMX to the other weather sites that include the air quality data.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline fish1552

• KGALUDOW3
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 12:46:04 PM »
While totally independent of the ISS and WLL, you could also consider the Davis AirLink and then the air quality will be included in the WL App and WL.com and also uploaded by CumulusMX to the other weather sites that include the air quality data.

That would actually be a great thing to consider.  We run a small horse stables (part of the reason I want to share the data - so people can see it before they come out to ride) and with the sandy dirt riding arena, it does affect the air quality here when they ride and it's dry - they kick up some dust. It might be good for *US* to know locally, but it might not be good to report to other sites and have it affect overall area data. So if I get one, I likely would have to place it so the prevailing wind direction does not push the dust towards the sensor.

I was assuming I needed the meteobridge with it because another editor on Waze has a Davis and he sent me screenshots of his setup to try to help me.  If it reports to all the sites I want to get it to, with the ISS & WLL alone, then maybe I can sell the MB and use that to buy other sensors. Looking to report to: Weather Underground, WeatherCloud, AWEKAS, PWS Weather, CWOP, Windy, & OpenMap.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 01:10:01 PM by fish1552 »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 01:15:43 PM »

it does affect the air quality here when they ride and it's dry - they kick up some dust.
Interesting...  There is a "Wood Smoke Adjustment" in the AirLink settings but likely would not apply or be useful for stirred up dirt.

Weather Conditions - KomokaWeather Live (weatherlink.com)
Bulletin: KomokaWeather Live (weatherlink.com)

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 01:27:03 PM »
If it reports to all the sites I want to get it to, with the ISS & WLL alone, then maybe I can sell the MB and use that to buy other sensors. Looking to report to: Weather Underground, WeatherCloud, AWEKAS, PWS Weather, CWOP, Windy, & OpenMap.

The ISS & WLL to WL.com will send directly to WU and CWOP, but for the others you would need another device, possibly meteobridge, or a program like CumulusMX running on PC or RPi.

Enjoy,
Paul