Author Topic: Acurite Raw Data  (Read 410 times)

Offline TDIONNE

Acurite Raw Data
« on: March 02, 2020, 03:01:24 PM »
So I have an Acurite Access with 6 remote sensors as well as a 5in1 with Display Unit connected to a PC running PC Connect. Since I got it, it has been ridiculously unstable. The display unit constantly loses connection with the 5in1 even though it's less than 20' away. I don't know if the Display Unit is defective or if it's a problem with the 5in1. Sometimes I have to close 10 or 20 error message windows from PC Connect. I have tried multiple different USB cables between the Display Unit and PC and I have tried different channels and locations with the same results.
I have custom home automation software that parses the .CSV created by PC Connect so I can retrieve the current conditions using speech recognition and text to speech. The problem is with the constant interruptions in connection sometimes the data is hours or even days old. I was thinking that if I could just access the raw data from the AcuRite Access directly I could retrieve the outdoor temp from a remote sensor. So I guess my question is has anyone been successful with connecting to AcuRite devices to retrieve raw data from the devices? Any help would be appreciated.

anything