Author Topic: New Stuff - Ecowitt Has the Newest Fine Offset Hardware  (Read 58437 times)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
Re: New Stuff - Ecowitt Has the Newest Fine Offset Hardware
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2019, 08:28:11 PM »
Well this was last night:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And this is tonight:

There must be an issue with those kind of levels being reported?

Offline theslydog

« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2019, 12:43:05 AM »
Well this was last night:

attachment id 1

And this is tonight:

attachment id 2

There must be an issue with those kind of levels being reported?

Do you have a separate AQI meter to test against?

The Ecowitt meter I have is fairly accurate.
It just does not like reading really low.
But it does as it has gone down to 3 on occasion.

However, if I use the garden blower and the resulting dust goes anywhere near it - it will go off its head. The same if I bring it inside and sit it anywhere near the stove when cooking. It will head south of 200μg/m3

This is the same for a small cheap AQI meter I got from ebay and Xiaomi Mi 2S and Mi Pro Air purifiers.

Current reading
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:52:44 AM by theslydog »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2019, 08:38:20 AM »
Maybe you have it situated outside and you live on an unpaved dirt road. Maybe you have it outside near outdoor patio fans than stir up particles. Maybe you live in a high smog area. Maybe you live near somewhere where there is fires burning. Maybe you live near an ocean and there is a lot of salt in the air. There are many possibilities more. Take you PM2.5 indoors and see what reading you get then. The Honeywell sensor in this device is one of the best.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
Maybe you have it situated outside and you live on an unpaved dirt road. Maybe you have it outside near outdoor patio fans than stir up particles. Maybe you live in a high smog area. Maybe you live near somewhere where there is fires burning. Maybe you live near an ocean and there is a lot of salt in the air. There are many possibilities more. Take you PM2.5 indoors and see what reading you get then. The Honeywell sensor in this device is one of the best.

I live in a pretty clean environment, practically countryside. No factories or anything churning out dirty air. No fires, no fans, not by the sea. The sensor is several feet above a lawn.

As I mentioned on the previous page, Bournemouth is 15 miles from me and is almost city-like and the levels there were reading low. My sensor was practically saying to stay indoors - emergency health conditions. I simply don't believe that!

A few people who own the same sensor in England weren't reporting levels that high, and they certainly live in areas that are likely to have higher levels of PM 2.5 than me.

Offline theslydog

« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2019, 04:27:23 AM »

Just to let you know how this sensor works. We had a brush fire near our place yesterday and this morning. Check the PM2.5 sensor going off its head.

The smoke was pretty bad you could not see that far. I had the 2 mentioned air purifiers in the previous post running all night to keep inside manageable.

Ups and downs in the below graph correspond to wind direction changes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:30:15 AM by theslydog »

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2019, 06:16:40 AM »
I am experiencing a bug on my HP2551-C console. I set the automatic on/off function last night. It's set to switch on the display at 07:30 and go off at 00:15. However, all day, it has been turning off and on. It's happened 6 times that I have seen, but it was probably more due to me not constantly watching it.

Is this normal? 

Hi Mapantz, sorry for the delay due to weekend.
Our engineer is checking your issue with the console now and once we'll go back to you when we find the reason.

Best Regards,
Lucy

Ecowitt Weather Instruments at: http://www.ecowitt.com/
FB: @ecowittsupport
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ecowittweather
Email: support@ecowitt.com

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2019, 06:18:49 AM »
I sometimes see my AQI indication go through the roof or at least high for no obvious reasons and I have put this down to Pollen. I live on the edge of a town but in a very leafy environment on the edge of the North Downs and we get a lot of pollen. This will very much be detected by the PMI 2.5 sensor.

I do intend soon to procure a second PMI 2.5 sensor from Ecowitt to operate indoors which would prove this theory. I say theory as I am getting alerts from the Metoffice for high pollen so this is the reason behind my thoughts. On some days though I have seen it reading as low as 5ug so I am happy that is working OK.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2019, 06:53:52 AM »

I live in a pretty clean environment, practically countryside. No factories or anything churning out dirty air. No fires, no fans, not by the sea. The sensor is several feet above a lawn.

As I mentioned on the previous page, Bournemouth is 15 miles from me and is almost city-like and the levels there were reading low. My sensor was practically saying to stay indoors - emergency health conditions. I simply don't believe that!

A few people who own the same sensor in England weren't reporting levels that high, and they certainly live in areas that are likely to have higher levels of PM 2.5 than me.

Hi Mapantz, our engineer checked your PM2.5 data records on the website and found that the reading was high at night.
Is there any activity at your lawn at that time, such at sprinkling?
Please note that the sensor is also sensitive with liquid droplets. The condensation of particulate matter at night might be detected by the sensor.
In addition, we also noticed that when the wind peed was low, the PM2.5 reading would be high.
Could you please send us photo to show where you placed your sensor?
And you can also try to place the sensor to somewhere higher with better ventilation to see whether the result will change.
Please have a try and let us know the result.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Lucy

Offline SWX

« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »
Received the GW1000 today, setup was fairly quick and I really like the Ecowitt.net interface + map. I’ll be adding a soil sensor and the air quality sensor soon.

I’d *really* like for a soil thermometer to become available sooner or later though.
Wunderground / PWS Weather
Ambient Weather WS-2902A
Ambient WeatherBridge
Ecowitt GW1000
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH41
Ecowitt WH51 x 2
Ecowitt WH57
Ecowitt WS68

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2019, 05:38:24 AM »
I am experiencing a bug on my HP2551-C console. I set the automatic on/off function last night. It's set to switch on the display at 07:30 and go off at 00:15. However, all day, it has been turning off and on. It's happened 6 times that I have seen, but it was probably more due to me not constantly watching it.

Is this normal?  :shock:

Hi Mapantz,

Our engineer has just updated the firmware of the HP2551 console to solve the backlight "on and off" issue.
Please update the firmware to 1.4.5 with the attached file we sent to you(please check the mail from support@ecowitt.com).
Please have a try and let us know the result.:)

Best Regards,
Lucy

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2019, 05:51:02 AM »
Received the GW1000 today, setup was fairly quick and I really like the Ecowitt.net interface + map. I’ll be adding a soil sensor and the air quality sensor soon.

I’d *really* like for a soil thermometer to become available sooner or later though.

Hi SWX,

Thanks for your purchase.:)
As for the soil thermometer, we'll let our engineer to evaluate it and let you know once there's any update.:)

Best Regards,
Lucy

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2019, 12:07:30 PM »
I think I have found a bug with the  GW-1000? If you have the WS View app open on a mobile device, the dashboard on ecowitt.net doesn't update until you close the app.

Offline WelshDragon

• Tenby weather website
« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2019, 12:10:46 PM »
Doesn't happen with me - dashboard updates just fine when I have the mobile app open. I'm using the latest version app on the Samsung Galaxy S10+.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »
Doesn't happen with me - dashboard updates just fine when I have the mobile app open. I'm using the latest version app on the Samsung Galaxy S10+.

I'm using the same version, and the same phone as you lol

I had the app open for 11 minutes, and the dashboard said 'reported 11 minutes ago' about 20 seconds after I closed the app, it updated on the dashboard. I've tried this half a dozen times, now.

Offline WelshDragon

• Tenby weather website
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2019, 12:14:37 PM »
lol I'll restart phone and give it another go an see what happens . . . . .

Offline WelshDragon

• Tenby weather website
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »
Definitely no issues here for me. App open and Ecowitt.net dashboard still updates every 60 secs.

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2019, 01:19:57 PM »
Just checked mine and I see no problems.
I also note that there is a new GW-1000 firmware (V1.4.8 )

I am using a Samsung S10+ for my Live Data view.

I have noticed occasionally that the refresh script needs a 'kick' with a refresh on the browser but otherwise for 90% of the time it just updates every 60 seconds without an issue.
I am using Edge on Win10 to view on my PC at home and work
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »
Can we get a clarification if the problem is with firmware 1.4.7 or 1.4.8 on the GW1000 for those that are reporting this issue? It would be reason enough to not upgrade to 1.4.8 if that had a problem. Since we can't go backwards it would help others to be better informed.

I'm running version 1.4.7 and I'm not seeing any problems or difference with WS-View app running or not while viewing Live Data on the app. I hold off on upgrades until after they have aged a bit...unless I have something critical noticeably broken.

While running 1.4.7 I've observed the following behavior which basically amounts to uploading not every 1 minutes but more like every 2 minutes.
Ecowitt.net supposedly updates every 1 minutes. That is up to your console (GW1000) to actually send data every 1 minutes...but in practice it doesn't really happen exactly like that.
What actually happens is that the GW1000 uploads to Ecowitt.net at the top of the minute (:00 seconds). It takes a few seconds for this to register and become available to see on Ecowitt.net. That takes about 9 to 13 seconds it seems. Then the GW1000 starts counting 60 seconds. At the end of those 60 seconds it is now because of the original upload delay a bit after the :00 mark of the next minute. So it might be like :09 seconds after the next minute for example. The GW1000 then at this time trips an okay to upload trigger. But the GW1000 only uploads at exactly the :00 seconds on the clock time and it is now :09 so it waits for the next :00 second mark. Then at the next :00 mark it uploads again. But because it takes a few seconds to upload and refresh the website you'll actually end up seeing 2 minutes since last upload on Ecowitt.net for a few seconds. In summary because of how the GW1000 software is programmed it really only updates every 2 minutes.

Now all this that I've reported was with 1.4.7 firmware version. Now with the 1.4.8 firmware the release notes (that pop-up) says this update "Optimize data upload stability" whatever that means. Maybe it improves on this Ecowitt.net method or maybe it fixing something else in relation to some other weather service like WU or maybe the new "Customized" custom server option.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:59:27 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline WelshDragon

• Tenby weather website
« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »
@galfert

I have never experienced that issue either.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2019, 02:15:56 PM »
@galfert

I have never experienced that issue either.

What version firmware are you running?
Tele-Pole

Offline WelshDragon

• Tenby weather website
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2019, 02:22:20 PM »
Latest at moment. But it has always updated every 60secs.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2019, 05:20:08 PM »
Hello, sorry for the delayed reply.

GW-1000 is on 1.4.8.

I have since rebooted it and it works as it should, albeit intermittently. As galfert mentioned, I very rarely get an update every minute, usually between 2 and 3 minutes.

Another thing i've noticed, the high gust that I get on my console, never matches the high gust on the dashboard, ever.

That aside, i'd like a feature request on the dashboard where the data resets at local time (midnight, like the console) because the highs and lows are extremely confusing. I was looking at the max temp the other day, thinking something was wrong as it didn't match the console, it turns out it was showing the previous day. I think that all of the graphs and data should begin at midnight and end at midnight so it shows everything correct for the daily period, much like wunderground.

This is happening a lot today:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:48:42 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »
I agree with you Mapantz, having the max figures reset at midnight would be a much more logical way of representing the data than the current rolling 24hour window.
I'll drop Lucy a e-mail and see what she thinks of the suggestion.

I think the issue with the max gust data etc is how the console and Gw-1000 decide to sample the datasets. The reality is that they don't seem to take and compare all data values for these measurements even if they are displayed.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline theslydog

« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2019, 06:10:28 PM »
Hello, sorry for the delayed reply.

GW-1000 is on 1.4.8.

I have since rebooted it and it works as it should, albeit intermittently. As galfert mentioned, I very rarely get an update every minute, usually between 2 and 3 minutes.

I just tested it and get the same - updates every 2 -3 minutes regardless of if the app is running. Rarely every minute on the Ecowitt site.

Pretty quick updates with the app though.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2019, 01:08:57 PM »
Just wanted to say.. the WH40 rain gauge is keeping up nicely with my Davis gauge. Both have been identical in recent rain events, and they both match a manual gauge. All 3 are at the same height, but several feet away from each other.  \:D/

anything