Author Topic: Looking for a wifi enabled Ambient Weather station that supports F007TP sensors?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline milka

Hi All!

Purchased a F007TP sensor a while back for my pool temperature as our dog kept attacking the floating-style sensors  :shock:

Wondering if the modern wifi enabled Ambient Weather stations, like a WS-2902A, will read from these older sensors? I see they both support 915mhz, I guess it just boils down to how the sensor transmits the data?

Cheers!
milka

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Ambient Weather is a reseller of many different brands. They get permission to put their company name on these various hardware. So because they all are technically different brands then that means accessories must be checked to see if compatible before you buy....as in they need to originate from the same vendor. The WS-2902A is a Fine Offset station. So you need Fine Offset sensors.....and the F007TP is not one of those. The F007TP might be compatible with the WS-8478A but I'm not positive. The thing to know is that on Ambient's site there is a section that says "Shop by Brand" and then "Weather Stations by Ambient Weather." But you need to realize that the resulting list it includes a few different OEM brands.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 11:12:15 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline milka

Huh! I had no idea. Thanks for that.

So on the Ambient weather website is says the F007TP sensor is for the WS-07, WS-08, WS-10, WS-11, WS-110 Weather Stations, so I just need to figure out which OEM makes those range and then should be able to grab a wifi version from them for my purposes. *fingers crossed*

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Well whatever manufacture makes a station to take that pool sensor is not going to be a greatly recommended station. The most popular and best regarded brands around this forum of weather enthusiasts are Acurite, Ambient and Davis (alphabetical order no bias).

Now I can tell you that Ambient is planning on coming out with more sensors for the WS-2000. No word when or specifically what other sensors but a pool sensor is something they have said they are looking into. Other sensors for the WS-2000 include lighting, soil, and PM2.5.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline milka

My only real needs are to get the data from the F007TP out to the internet on something like Weather Underground to be able to then integrate with other solutions like IFTTT for turning on my pool solar pump if the weather is warm and the pool water is not.

I see plenty of folks on more bespoke forums building arduino's and 915mhz receivers to achieve stuff like this, was hoping to avoid that amount of effort as the key challenge is getting the data from a single F007TP probe onto the internet.

That said, if new probes are inbound I could also just bide my time... patience... :)

anything