Author Topic: WeatherLink LIVE + VP + Anemometer Transmitter = No CWOP/Wunder Wind?  (Read 1244 times)

Offline accuweather

• AccuWeather
  • Jesse Ferrell, AccuWeather Social Media Manager
    • WeatherMatrix
Is anyone here using WLL with a VP with a Anemometer Transmitter Kit?  Because the ATK is on a different channel on the console, I have to add it as a second sensor in WLL, which would be fine except second sensors don't go to CWOP or Wunderground, so I have no wind ever showing up on those networks. Is there a way around that?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 10:08:51 AM by accuweather »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink LIVE + VP + Anemometer Transmitter = No CWOP/Wunder Wind?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »
Set the Anemometer Transmitter as the primary anemometer - you'll need to dig into the WLL settings.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline accuweather

• AccuWeather
  • Jesse Ferrell, AccuWeather Social Media Manager
    • WeatherMatrix
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »
Is anyone here using WLL with a VP with a Anemometer Transmitter Kit?  Because the ATK is on a different channel on the console, I have to add it as a second sensor in WLL, which would be fine except second sensors don't go to CWOP or Wunderground, so I have no wind ever showing up on those networks. Is there a way around that?

OK figured it out. That was painful. Swear I had to do it twice, like it didn't save the first time.

It was under "Station"/[Wrench]/EDIT ID 1(PRIMARY)/Advanced Settings/Select Anemometer.

Here's a screenshot of the process:

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 01:11:38 PM »
Swear I had to do it twice, like it didn't save the first time.

That's probably because you did it on wl.com rather than directly on the WLL unit (ie via the Bluetooth connection). So you had to wait until wl.com updated the local WLL unit and that's not instant.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything