Author Topic: Yunexpress exception  (Read 643 times)

Offline falkunmalti

Yunexpress exception
« on: August 15, 2022, 02:45:28 PM »
Hi

My package from Ecowitt shipped via yunexpress is  showing an exception at the Canadian customs probably because I have to pay duties and taxes.  I have searched the yunexpress website and cannot find a solution.  Could someone help me please as to the next steps in collecting my parcel?

Thanks.

Offline KC5JIM

• Senior Contributor
    • KC5JIM Weather
Re: Yunexpress exception
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 03:57:10 PM »
This is out of Yunexpress's hands. You need to contact CBSA https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/personal-personnel/menu-eng.htmlabouo clearing the package. Yunexpress does not cover any import duties/taxes.

Ecowitt Wittboy| FOSHKplugin on Pi 4

Offline falkunmalti

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 08:19:13 AM »
I am still waiting for my package.  I emailed the Ecowitt people and she told me that I have to do nothing.  The package is in customs and will clear without needing my involvement.  I have a last mile tracking number with the Canada Post and usually I do not have to deal personally with the customs.  So I will post my experiences going forward until this is resolved hoping it will help someone else.

Offline solartempest

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 09:32:20 AM »
Last time I ordered from Ecowitt and shipped by Yunexpress, it went through customs and I didn't have to pay anything. It was a somewhat small box.

For a lot of overseas shipping to Canada, you can get 'customs exception' where it will just take time for the package to clear. I've had this happen numerous times with different shipping companies and never had to do anything, just as Ecowitt told you.

If you do end up owing customs tax, it is possible to go clear it yourself at the airport or other designated customs facility. Based on your availability, distance to such facilities, and amount of taxes it can be debatable if it's worth it.
Ecowitt GW1000, HP2553BC, WS80, WH51x4, WH41, WH45, WH40, WH32, WH31x2, WH57x2.

Offline falkunmalti

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 09:56:22 AM »
Thanks Solartempest, I will continue to wait.  It is encouraging that I do have the last mile tracking number and that Canada Post seems to be aware of my package.  Hopefully Canada Post will collect any taxes due which I can then pay on delivery.

Online MonsterDog6

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 10:27:13 AM »
hello

I received my order from ecowitt yesterday 10 days in total with yunexpress and arrived in Quebec it was Tforce who made the delivery and with surprise no customs fees I still bought for 270$cad
Davis vantage pro2 plus 6263m
Weatherlink console 6313

Ecowitt :
HP2560_C
Ws3900
Ecowitt WS90(2)[SHT35], WH40W,  WH57 [Lightning],
WH41 [PM2.5]  WH51 , WH45, WH46[PM1.0,PM4.0]

Offline falkunmalti

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 11:16:40 AM »
Mine was shipped on Aug 4 from China and is currently at the Vancouver CBSA customs.  We'll see what happens.  I hope they are not expecting something from me, although I do not know what that would be.  I'll wait a few more days.

Offline falkunmalti

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 08:26:18 AM »
Ecowitt told me that they are opening an inquiry with the courier company.  We'll see where that leads.  I'll pot my results here, he said it would take a week.

Offline falkunmalti

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 09:27:44 AM »
Finally I did receive my package after 20 days but something odd was afoot because the tracking from the last mile courier (Canada Post) was not updated until AFTER the package was delivered.   The package sat in customs for 5 days and the final tracking was normal after that.  Strange though, it looks like the package was delivered through a transshipper because the package had been opened and resealed with tape and there was an entry "Yunlu Co Ltd" in the From Box but there was no "opened by Customs".  So I don't know how this happened but the outcome is good because I received the package.