Author Topic: Meteostick can read data directly via RF from Davis stations  (Read 4396 times)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Meteostick can read data directly via RF from Davis stations
« on: March 30, 2014, 06:27:23 PM »
Inspired from the progress some users in the Davis sub forum had on reading RF data from Davis stations, smartbedded.com developed an RF receiver called "Meteostick" that can read and decode data from your Davis sensors directly from the RF signals. Using a Meteostick, your PC can stay connected to your Davis console and do whatever it likes to do while a Meteohub or Meteobridge is constantly sniffing the air for data from your Davis sensors with a Meteostick. No more need for VVP to have multiple sources connected to one Davis console.

Although Meteostick has just the form factor of a USB stick, it can follow up to 8 Davis sensor units in parallel. Meteohub can make full use of these 8 stations, while Meteobridge can only be connected to one station at the moment, but that should match 90% of the use cases anyway.

If you are interested, please read here to get more detail: http://www.smartbedded.com/meteostick
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Re: Meteostick can read data directly via RF from Davis stations
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:43:30 PM »
Sorry to revive an old thread but quick question.

Does this mean I don't need a console and I can buy just the ISS?

Regards.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »
Appears so    BUT    the barometer is in the console    so no barometer if you do that.

Ah!

Thanks!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
Appears so    BUT    the barometer is in the console    so no barometer if you do that.
It is even better.
The meteostick has its own baramoter. Pretty good quality also.  And a temp is also included for inside temp.

The only thing you will not have is the inside humidity.  A fake value is supplied for that to not break any scripts.

Be aware that the Meteostick attached to a Meteohub has more possibillities than if attached to a Meteobridge.  But that is obvious as the platforms are so different in size and speed.

So Meteobridge => Meteostick can read all data from 1 ISS.

A Meteohub  => Meteostick  can read multiple  ISS and other Davis stations (Soil leaf and so on) using 1 Meteostick only.  If your neighbour has a Davis you can read both stations and compare the measured values.

Meteohub can do this "connect multiple stations " already a long time, so it is not new.

Wim

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
Nice!!!

I am going to purchase one for my meteohub! :D

Thanks.

----

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »
It is even better.
The meteostick has its own baramoter. Pretty good quality also.  And a temp is also included for inside temp.

The only thing you will not have is the inside humidity.  A fake value is supplied for that to not break any scripts.

Be aware that the Meteostick attached to a Meteohub has more possibillities than if attached to a Meteobridge.  But that is obvious as the platforms are so different in size and speed.

So Meteobridge => Meteostick can read all data from 1 ISS.

A Meteohub  => Meteostick  can read multiple  ISS and other Davis stations (Soil leaf and so on) using 1 Meteostick only.  If your neighbour has a Davis you can read both stations and compare the measured values.

Meteohub can do this "connect multiple stations " already a long time, so it is not new.

Wim

...relative humidity (%RH) can be calculated from ambient temp (Ta) and dewpoint temp (Tdp):

%RH = [(173 - 0.1·Ta + Tdp)/(173 + 0.9·Ta)]8
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:30:48 PM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

anything