Author Topic: Acurite Stopped Reporting  (Read 871 times)

Offline PD_Weather

Acurite Stopped Reporting
« on: September 07, 2020, 10:59:14 AM »
My Acurite Display has been reporting the same Temp. for the past 7 hours. The display shows a good signal strength as does the Phone app. Any suggestions???

Offline PD_Weather

Re: Acurite Stopped Reporting
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 11:31:50 AM »
Other parts of the Weather station seem to be reporting correctly. Just checked and the Wind speed & direction are working and reporting.
Temp. still stuck on 87 when I know other weather stations in my area are showing temps in the 90's.
I also just looked at the Weather Underground site and my station says online but is not showing on their map.
I have reset the display & the Access Unit with no success.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 01:00:03 PM »
When you open the splash page ( ip address ) for the access what signal strength is it showing ?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »
The thermo/hygro chip is likelyfailing and needs to be checked at the connection, or may need to be replaced. Unless you have a really old 5 and 1 the chip is replacable for very cheap money.
Is the humidity reading changing or stuck also?

Offline PD_Weather

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 03:46:54 PM »
Mabcmb --As it turns out the splash page showed poor battery strength. Changed them out and everything seems to be reporting correctly.
DoctorKnow--If the thermo/hygro chip ever does fail where to you get a replacement??

Thank you both for the information!!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »
Low Batteries will make the thermo/hygro chip act up, so that was most likely the cause. If the issue returns, get into it deeper. Acurite sells replacement parts on their site.

You might buy one now, as they are on sale. https://www.acurite.com/shop-all/weather-instruments/weather-sensors-and-parts/sensors/temperature-and-humidity-sensor-replacement-for-5-in-1-weather-sensors.html?ref=name

anything