Author Topic: Weather Underground not reporting data  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Rob1

Weather Underground not reporting data
« on: December 08, 2023, 10:37:33 AM »
Anyone else not seeing Weather Underground data being populated? All other services are fine that I port to like PWSWeather, Weathercloud so I believe the issue is not on my side. I have reentered all my login data again (a few times) but still the same. Strange enough, the My Devices on weather underground shows my station as being online.

Thx

Offline daman

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Underground not reporting data
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 07:32:27 PM »
At the time of this message, I'm all good.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Rob1

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 07:33:06 AM »
Ok weird because another user on another platform is reporting the outage.

Weatherstation.wunderground.com is were the data gets uploaded from your weather station but that address as of a few days ago is not resolved or pingable.

A ticket has been open with WU so we’ll see what they do.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 08:15:55 AM by Rob1 »

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 09:40:10 AM »
Ok weird because another user on another platform is reporting the outage.

Weatherstation.wunderground.com is were the data gets uploaded from your weather station but that address as of a few days ago is not resolved or pingable.

A ticket has been open with WU so we’ll see what they do.

The website is https://www.wunderground.com/ .  Here's my station working  https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCAADELA7 .

Offline Rob1

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 09:48:56 AM »
Yes the actual landing page is wunderground.com but your PWS is uploading the data to the link I show above.

It may be a AWS routing issue as some are working fine and others are not. Mine stopped uploading data to WU on Wednesday….every other site I upload to is fine.

They have had issues in the past so I’m hoping it gets resolved shortly.

More detailed info if you’re interested…. https://support.weather.com/s/article/List-of-weather-station-hardware-and-software?language=en_US&subcategory=Personal_Weather_Stations&type=wu
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 10:05:27 AM by Rob1 »

Offline fatrusty

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 10:33:43 AM »
I just replaced my temperature board, replaced the batteries and cleaned up the insides. Worked great for 12 hours and now nothing... so maybe it is OK afterall...

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2023, 09:28:29 AM »
Are you using the “Access” to send your data to WU? This might be a totally different problem, but I thought I would post my problem here.

My Atlas stopped reporting to WU (KMNSAINT173) after years of no problems. However, there were no problems sending data to MyAcuRite.com. I contacted AcuRite and they said my “Access” was the problem and needed to be replaced. That was last December, 2022.

Fast forward to this month. I have another weather display (model 01202) that uses WIFI to send data to WU. So, I decided to create another new WU ID (KMNEAGAN128) and send data to it.  Lo and behold the old Atlas WU ID (KMNSAINT173) started receiving data again. 

Stopped the WIFI display from sending data … and BOTH sites stopped reporting. Started the WIFI station again and everything is fine.

It's Strange … But it seems like the WIFI weather station sending data to WU corrects a problem with the Atlas via “Access” sending data to WU.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 02:09:35 PM »
Maybe they are preparing to brick the Access like they did the smarthub? I've had a problem with my Access more than once, where it just will not receive a signal to send out.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 05:35:39 PM »
It was once stated by those far smarter than me that AcuRite had made request with WU to allow exceptions for AcuRite’s stuff to work because they were not following WU’s correct protocols. Maybe WU has made changes were those exceptions for AcuRite are messed up?

But yes, it does seem like the Access is dead with no replacement coming.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 07:14:01 PM »
They have no plans to "brick" the Access OR stop supporting it, they're up and running transmitting and fully supported. We have 3 in our family, and ALL are working and sending data to both WU and MA with no issues [tup]

The station in my Sig is one of them the Accses if feeding.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 07:15:38 PM by daman »
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline hdtvluvr

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2023, 11:08:37 AM »
Been awhile and I'm just checking in.  A couple years ago, I was having a lot of trouble with my Atlas.  I stopped using it as the data on the display was not reliable (updated when it wanted to instead of regularly) and data to WU was intermittent using the Access.  I have since moved and my Christmas present this year was a Davis Vantage Pro2 with WeatherLink Live.  I don't have a display because they have great phone and computer apps. This is a great weather station.

anything