Author Topic: WiFiLogger2 stopped uploading  (Read 2118 times)

Offline NormEmerges

• Epping Weather
WiFiLogger2 stopped uploading
« on: October 06, 2022, 09:26:06 AM »
I've been running a Vantage Pro2 weather station with a WiFiLogger2 successfully for about three years. A week or so ago, there was a power outage and since then, no data has been uploaded. I've restarted the console, restarted the WifiLogger, updated the firmware and reconfigured, checked the upload settings (to Weatherlink and to WOW), all seems to check out. It seems to connect to the router ok, but no uploads happen.

One anomaly I found is that the Setup page has settings for dates in 1970 and location at timezone GMT-12. I can change these but when I click on SET it reverts to the previous setting.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm baffled and my weather station is off air.

Thanks for reading! See screenshots attached.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline BigAlT

Re: WiFiLogger2 stopped uploading
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 11:23:40 AM »
It looks like the WFL isn’t communicating with the Console. Have you replaced the batteries in the console ?. If not, try that. If all else fails, remove the WFL and reinstall it.
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 10:36:38 PM »
I would press the red button on the logger and start over. If that doesn’t work, contact support@wifilogger.net

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 10:40:14 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 06:35:21 PM »
I don't if it's related but I just had this issue on my wifi logger 1. Turns out my ip address changed.
Check that first.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 01:12:30 AM »
Interesting enough I just had to redirect my MB since the WFL IP changed. My Beta Unit also changed.

Offline ev97flyer

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 04:01:09 PM »
I'm having a similar problem (and resurrecting this thread).

Vantage Pro. Has stopped uploading data. Wasn't connected to wifi, and I've had to set static IP address. Upgraded firmware. But cannot get data to upload to cloud - it doesn't seem to retain Wifi SSID Details

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 05:38:20 PM »
I found my update seemed to have error as frequent WiFi disconnects were cured with another initiation of update process.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2023, 08:56:45 PM »
Contact the WiFiLogger developer at support@wifilogger.net. His name is Wojtek and resides in Poland.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

anything