Author Topic: Current Conditions Icon Problem  (Read 525 times)

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
Current Conditions Icon Problem
« on: June 26, 2023, 09:29:29 AM »
The current conditions icon on my Saratoga site appears when the home page loads, but when the current conditions label ("Comfortable," for example) displays, the icon disappears.  It seems like if the icon is present, the conditions label is not, and vice versa.  I have tried reloading the various icon and forecast images files, but nothing has solved the problem.  Any suggestions on how to fix this will be appreciated (link to site is below). Thanks.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Current Conditions Icon Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 09:59:19 AM »
You don't seem to have a full set of icons in ./ajax-images/ directory .. I suggest you re-upload that directory from the distribution .zip file.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 04:27:18 PM »
You don't seem to have a full set of icons in ./ajax-images/ directory .. I suggest you re-upload that directory from the distribution .zip file.

The re-upload appears to have fixed the problem.  Thanks!

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 09:51:04 PM »

I spoke to soon.  Here is what I observed today.  With conditions sunny, the label showing "warm", the appropriate icon was showing, everything as it should be.  But this evening when I access the site, the icon for "cloudy, dry" shows up briefly then disappears as soon as the label, "Comfortable," appears.  I did download a new distribution zip from which I uploaded an ajax-images directory.  There are 594 files in the directory.  Not sure what I might try next.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 09:54:30 PM by BKS97 »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 11:24:51 PM »
I'm not seeing the issue.  I do see at https://saratogawx.sartelleastweather.com/wxstatus.php that your testtags.php is stale (WD is not uploading it at 5 minute intervals).

If you uploaded ALL the files from ./ajax-images/ in the distribution .zip to your website in ./ajax-images/, then there should be no problem with the AJAX update via clientraw.txt.
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline hcorrin

• Contributor
    • Ballaugh Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 07:01:41 AM »
The status page suggests that the test tags upload failed after WD was restarted at 11:19 on the 25th but when I just checked again it had updated at 5:16am on 27th 40 min ago

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 07:44:56 AM »
The status page suggests that the test tags upload failed after WD was restarted at 11:19 on the 25th but when I just checked again it had updated at 5:16am on 27th 40 min ago

Yes, thanks -- I manually triggered an update this morning but it is in "not connected" status again.  I don't know why it failed as it was working without a problem, but so far I haven't been able to find a way to get it going again.

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 09:12:59 AM »
I think your upload of ALL files into ./ajax-images/ was not fully successful.
I see that https://saratogawx.sartelleastweather.com/ajax-images/bkn.jpg yields a 404-Not Found.
Make sure that all the contents are uploaded and present on your website.

You may need to do additional WD configuration to get testtags.php to upload routinely
See: https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-WD.php to set up an override for the file.

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2023, 09:40:08 AM »
I think your upload of ALL files into ./ajax-images/ was not fully successful.
I see that https://saratogawx.sartelleastweather.com/ajax-images/bkn.jpg yields a 404-Not Found.
Make sure that all the contents are uploaded and present on your website.
. . .
That one is in the root in https://saratogawx.sartelleastweather.com/bkn.jpg

Wim

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2023, 09:51:28 AM »
In the forecast directory are 2 subdirectories: icon-templates and images.  bkn.jpg is in the images subdirectory.  Are these correctly placed?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2023, 10:32:24 AM »
Yes, the ones in ./forecast/images and ./forecast/icon-templates are correctly placed .. that ./forecast/ directory set is only used by the forecast script (advforecast2.php in your case).

The conditions icons are always loaded from ./ajax-images/ so you need to have all the files from the distribution ajax-images/* directory uploaded to your site in the ./ajax-images/ directory.

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2023, 01:08:51 PM »
The conditions icons are always loaded from ./ajax-images/ so you need to have all the files from the distribution ajax-images/* directory uploaded to your site in the ./ajax-images/ directory.

There are 594 files in the distribution ajax-images/* directory, and all 594 have been uploaded to the ajax-images directory on my site.  The current conditions icon is showing now so I hope all is in order.  In addition, after a restart, the WD uploads have resumed and the status shows all 4 categories are current.

Thanks everyone for your help.