Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87117 times)

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #500 on: April 26, 2019, 05:48:54 AM »
I took a chance with CH, glad I got it right. And you're welcome. I had misunderstood at first and thought you were talking about the languages not the country flag in the footer.

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #501 on: April 26, 2019, 06:15:59 AM »
There are four National languages in Switzerland.
German, French, Italian and Romansh.
Merci again.... [tup] [tup] [tup]

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2019, 01:23:49 AM »
Hi

I get this error when I try to Push Origin. I'm logged in and it has been working for weeks.

See screenshot.

Any ideas?

Rgds
gand

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #503 on: April 30, 2019, 01:25:41 AM »
I'm getting that message too. It worked yesterday.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2019, 01:34:36 AM »
Hi

I get this error when I try to Push Origin. I'm logged in and it has been working for weeks.

See screenshot.

Any ideas?

Rgds
gand

The top of that screenshot, it says Push Origin with a 5 to the right. That means you've modified 5 files locally and are trying to upload them to GitHub. Rather than using that big button on the right of the top bar, go into Repository menu at the very top and click "Pull" to download any updated files.

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2019, 02:46:43 AM »
Thanks

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #506 on: May 02, 2019, 04:24:52 AM »
There's a new update on GitHub that changes the the charts to be more mobile friendly. Please hold of on updating to it until I can look over the changed code. Also, please don't do a "git pull", settings1.php was updated and git pull will likely fail.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #507 on: May 02, 2019, 07:50:24 AM »
There's a new update on GitHub that changes the the charts to be more mobile friendly. Please hold of on updating to it until I can look over the changed code. Also, please don't do a "git pull", settings1.php was updated and git pull will likely fail.

Thanks for the heads up light!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #508 on: May 03, 2019, 01:37:35 AM »
Would it be hard to add another row of modules with the same options as the last 2 modules?
http://seamanville.com/pws
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Daytime-FARS/Meteobridge Pro/ weather34 template on Raspi v3 B+/PurpleAir AQI sensor
Wireless ISS sitting ground/Wireless Wind, Solar, UV sitting roof
Monroe, Washington USA
WU:     KWAMONRO94
CWOP: FW4493
PWS:   FRYELANDS01

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #509 on: May 03, 2019, 01:44:01 AM »
I'm going through a MeteoBridge Pro now, so I ran across this, and I'm curious if anyone else is seeing it. If you are using an MBP, you can't use the davisconsoleoutlook advisory (possition4) since it bypasses or replaces the console, so I turned on the standard advisory which uses darksky. Then I enabled forecast3wu (possition6), and after a few hours I noticed update issues in those 2 cells, it seems like Davis and WU want to work together, and darksky and darksky want to work together for the advisory and forecast fields.

I'm going through a MeteoBridge Pro now, so I ran across this, and I'm curious if anyone else is seeing it. If you are using an MBP, you can't use the davisconsoleoutlook advisory (possition4) since it bypasses or replaces the console, so I turned on the standard advisory which uses darksky. Then I enabled forecast3wu (possition6), and after a few hours I noticed update issues in those 2 cells, it seems like Davis and WU want to work together, and darksky and darksky want to work together for the advisory and forecast fields.

good morning

only last night i found some emails from piet mentioning similar , is it weather underground  when selected the only time it happens .if i dont find anything today i will forward on to william..im sure he will be able to help..

I have this same problem.

Thanks for updating us!

When you say "update issues", what exactly is it doing? Do you mind opening a Github Issue describing exactly what issue its having with updating?

Sorry for the dramatic pause in responding, have been distracted with other life things. There have been quite a few changes (nice work BTW), So I've reloaded my site with all new files. I'll see if the problem still reproduces after these updates, then open an issue if still needed.
http://seamanville.com/pws
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Daytime-FARS/Meteobridge Pro/ weather34 template on Raspi v3 B+/PurpleAir AQI sensor
Wireless ISS sitting ground/Wireless Wind, Solar, UV sitting roof
Monroe, Washington USA
WU:     KWAMONRO94
CWOP: FW4493
PWS:   FRYELANDS01

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #510 on: May 03, 2019, 02:51:26 AM »
Hi, since yesterday, (after updating the files with the latest updates on GitHub) I do not update anymore the current conditions. Remained stationary to when I did update the files.. How can I fix it?

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #511 on: May 03, 2019, 02:58:31 AM »
Hi, since yesterday, (after updating the files with the latest updates on GitHub) I do not update anymore the current conditions. Remained stationary to when I did update the files.. How can I fix it?

I'm working a fix for this right now. A number of fixes disappeared in the last uodate, including one that kept Darksky and WU updated together. Trying to get this update out quick as I can.

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #512 on: May 03, 2019, 03:00:26 AM »

I'm working a fix for this right now. A number of fixes disappeared in the last uodate, including one that kept Darksky and WU updated together. Trying to get this update out quick as I can.
oohh, thanks for your hard work.. Waiting for new update 😊😊

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #513 on: May 03, 2019, 04:28:31 AM »
Large updating coming soon but not quite yet.

I am currently testing the new update to (hopefully) fix any outstanding issues. Please don't anyone update to the newly created beta branch. I will be merging it into the main branch this afternoon (Friday afternoon, US Eastern Time).

This new update will require a fresh install, especially if you want to use the easy to up date method with "git pull". Please backup up your site soon as you read this message to get ready for the update. In particular, backup your "settings1.php", mbcharts/year folders, mbcharts/year.csv files, mbcharts/result.csv files, and optionally jsondata/ text files. Make sure to back these files up prior to my update this afternoon as well so the backup has the latest historical data. If anyone is unfamiliar with backing up in this context, just copy the folder and files to a new folder (copy, not move). So if your site is in the folder pws, create a copy of that folder called pws-bak.

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #514 on: May 05, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »
Hi

I can see there are some new files at the Github (better mobile support). Should I still wait to update as Lightmaster recommend?

Thanks

gand

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #515 on: May 05, 2019, 05:27:35 PM »
Gimme just a little bit and there will be a new version in the GitHub repo.

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #516 on: May 05, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »
Gimme just a little bit and there will be a new version in the GitHub repo.
let us know when we can install everything properly ;) ;)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #517 on: May 05, 2019, 05:35:39 PM »
my parting gift and also checkout the new themed charts from William ...safely say your in capable hands..brian

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #518 on: May 05, 2019, 07:17:54 PM »
EVERYONE PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE UPDATING

The next HomeWeatherStation update requires a reinstall of your site so some precautions are required for existing installs.. There are many many changes, and hopefully going forward, no future update will require a full reinstall.

You must backup some files listed below before installing the next update that I push to the master branch (the main part you land on when you go to https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template). This affects anyone who currently uses git to update or wants to switch to using git to update (I recommend if you don't modify anything past the settings). After you backup the following files, then do a fresh install, and then copy those backed up files back into your site. This is because those files are currently tracked by git, and if they are ever updated by mistake in the GitHub repo, then they will give you problems updating your site with a simple "git pull" command. I have removed them from the git site so that going forward, they won't cause any problems. On a fresh install, these files will be automatically created so new users won't have any issues since they don't already exist on their site. Rest assured that as long as you copy them to another folder before doing a fresh install, then there won't be any issues. I know that this warning might seem scary to anyone who isn't particularly techie. If you are worried about doing this, just email me at support@lightmaster.pw and I'll gladly walk you through it and help you out.

The files to back up are:
  • settings1.php
  • mbridge/MBrealtimeupload.txt
  • mbcharts/result.csv
  • any folder in mbcharts that is named after a year (ie: 2018, 2019, etc)
  • any file in mbcharts that is named after a year and followed by .csv (ie: 2018.csv, 2019.csv, etc)
  • .txt files in jsondata folder. These files are generated as needed, so if you don't want to back them up, they will be created the next time your MB Service calls the "stationcron.php" url, which is usually every 15 mins.

These files contain your basic settings (settings1.php), and the weather history used for charts and almanacs (the .csv files in mbcharts).

To install with git, which requires shell/ssh access to your site, perform the following actions:
  • rename your current install to back it up (ie: if the folder the site files are in is called "pws", rename it to something like "pws-bak"
  • run the command:
Code: [Select]

git clone https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template.git
  • rename the Meteobridge-Weather34-Template folder to whatever you want the url to be (I use pws, so my url is https://lightmaster.pw/pws)
  • copy those files you backed up back to where they go in the site: settings1.php goes to the main folder (pws in my case), the year and monthly and result .csv files go into mbcharts, the .txt files go into jsondata
  • navigate to your sites url to make sure it loads.

If you have any issues, just move your backed up folder back to where it was originally and email me at support@lightmaster.pw that you need help.

If you don't want to use git, or you don't have shell/ssh access, then just backup the files above and install the new version of the site as you normally do.

If you're particularly technically inclined and you see any issue with my instruction above, please post and let me know. We're all susceptible to mistakes.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2019, 08:40:49 PM »
For Updating without using Git

If you either don't have shell/ssh access to your server, or you prefer to do things manually without letting git modify your files, then perform a fresh install as you've previously done

• Read the above post and backup files as instructed.
  • Download the zip of the master branch from https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/archive/master.zip
  • Rename your sites current folder to include -bak in its name (always good to keep a backup)
  • unzip the above zip file and rename it to your previous folder's name (ie: pws)
  • copy the settings1.php, jsondata .txt files, mbcharts .csv files and year folders from your old folder (ie: pws-bak) to your new folder (ie: pws)

That zip file url will always be the latest version.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #520 on: May 05, 2019, 09:31:10 PM »
Thank you for your hard work Light!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #521 on: May 06, 2019, 03:44:14 AM »
Hi

Many thanks for the last update, it seems perfect.

However, I have a question. If in, Module 12, I choose Moon Phase, I also have the option of choosing the Live Webcam and Indoor Guide. Before the update I could only select Moon Info, which make sense. Is this by purpose?

The same applies to Last Module, if I choose Webcam Small I can also choose Moon Info and Indoor Guide. Before I could only choose Live Webcam.

Thanks

Rgds
gand
https://lynghuzed.dk/

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #522 on: May 06, 2019, 03:47:16 AM »
Hi

Many thanks for the last update, it seems perfect.

However, I have a question. If in, Module 12, I choose Moon Phase, I also have the option of choosing the Live Webcam and Indoor Guide. Before the update I could only select Moon Info, which make sense. Is this by purpose?

The same applies to Last Module, if I choose Webcam Small I can also choose Moon Info and Indoor Guide. Before I could only choose Live Webcam.

Thanks

Rgds
gand
https://lynghuzed.dk/

Yes, there's a lot of open space at the bottom of the modules, so added some of the other links below.

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #523 on: May 06, 2019, 03:54:44 AM »
Hi Lightmaster

One more question

Yesterday You uploaded a new version of HWS to the Github. This morning Brian uploaded some new files. Should these files replace the files that You have uploaded?

Thanks

Rgds
gand

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #524 on: May 06, 2019, 03:57:28 AM »
Yea, any new files replace the existing ones. The commits list shows which files are new https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/commits/master