Author Topic: Your Weather Rooms  (Read 47493 times)

Offline William Grimsley

• Forecaster
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
Re: Your Weather Rooms
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »

This is my latest gear setup. My Vantage Pro2 console is mounted in a different location but links via IP. The weather computer is running Weather Display, Cumulus and Weather Data Transfer Utility for the Envoy8x. The Iomega iConnect on the right runs Meteohub and drives www.portsaintlucie.com. Weather Display is driving www.pslwx.com. I access the computer through VNC from other areas since I am rarely in the house.

Nice idea with the washing hanger type thing to let the laptop breath so it doesn't over heat! ;) Nice room! :D
http://www.newton-poppleford-weather.co.uk
Davis Vantage Vue - Cumulus v1.9.4 (1084)
Weather Underground: IDEVONEX12
Met Office WOW: 717144
PWS Weather: ENG128597

Offline ukwoody

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 03:50:45 PM »

I would give up all these toys if a special lady would move in and tell me that I can't have all this clutter.

Nah, keep the clutter. It's cheaper doesn't answer back.. I'd still have all my clutter is a special lady hadn't of moved in, sigh ;) :lol:
woody

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »
My weather room consists of a desk and chair... along with my trusty binder with all my user names, passwords, and notes for everything.  Webcam against the window at the top right, and my WD hard drive backups on the shelf.  I wish I had more room but that is taken up for other work.

Paul

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 11:02:34 PM »
I don't ever sit in the room where my weather equipment is. That's why I built a website.

I'm with you.  Alll my stuff is in a nook in the hallway.

Same here.  My netbook, weather radio and console set on an old flower stand in the bedroom.   :mrgreen:  I VNC into it with my laptop when I change anything and use virtual VP to run the software on the second laptop if I want to monitor the conditions direct.  Most of the time though  just look at the website or use the WeatherLink app on my iPod Touch.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Spartan300

• Weather Warrior
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »

This is my "weather wall" which is directly beside my recliner in the living room. As a country boy what would you expect? From my recliner I can watch my HD flatscreen and view weather data all at the same time!  :lol:
Weather Warrior

Offline kalenshah

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »

My Mounted Davis Vantage Vue.

My weather room consists of my Samsung TV, PS3, HP Printer, New iPad, Davis Vantage Vue, Oregon Scientific temp sensor and 27" iMac.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:46:02 PM by kalenshah »
WUNDERGROUND ID:IENGLAND406                                                             Live IP

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »
Sorry for the darkness. The Vantage Vue console is mounted on the wall above the left monitor.

wow i really like your setup!!! wish i had somethin like that :)

i notice alot of people on here have cool weather programs runnin on there computers do u guys mind sharing with me?
Mike
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:08:31 PM by mkutche »
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 06:37:22 AM »

working a lot and still in progress... ](*,)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:14:50 AM by hotsauce2007 »

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 07:58:24 AM »
Wow... I missed this thread.

Some of you guys have an amazing setup  =D> =D> =D>
I probably wont post mine, it is just a tiny table with a laptop next to my bed :D And there is not much light so the picture would be very bad quality.

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 08:09:39 AM »

I probably wont post mine, it is just a tiny table with a laptop next to my bed :D And there is not much light so the picture would be very bad quality.

just open the window and take a shot buddy  \:D/
doesn't matter how much you have, what matter is how much you like it  ;) . I started with ONE thermometer at home... ](*,)

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2017, 10:21:36 AM »
Well here is my modest setup, started some of this over twenty years ago, first receiving NOAA weather satellites directly using a receiver built from a kit, housed inside an aluminium camera case, complete with a 25 foot mast for use in the field.  Now have everything on the desk, and the mast etc setup outside.

This interest is addictive, can be expensive, but above all.....lots of fun.....and you learn at the same time, a great past time for young and old, and the weather is constantly changing.

Nick. dw7240.com.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:47:08 AM by DW7240 »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2017, 10:37:37 AM »

just open the window and take a shot buddy  \:D/
doesn't matter how much you have, what matter is how much you like it  ;) . I started with ONE thermometer at home... ](*,)

Im not at home when it is daytime :D I never get home before 10-11PM :D

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2017, 04:30:34 PM »

new photo with better cam...

. \:D/

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
Nice :-)

Just one question though - do you keep all this on 24/7? And if so, what is the energy consumption of all the screens and devices? :D

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2017, 07:36:28 PM »
Hi

Yes, the power bill is low because I use solar heater for hot water and the house only works when I demmand for something, the screens are ''off'' in stand by mode almost all the time and just woke up when I arrive in the chair, with that way of use the entire house are making:

The solar water heater were introduced in september...

Almost 20$ peer month... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2017, 03:30:09 PM »
My simple setup
 ;)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »
Hi

Yes, the power bill is low because I use solar heater for hot water and the house only works when I demmand for something, the screens are ''off'' in stand by mode almost all the time and just woke up when I arrive in the chair, with that way of use the entire house are making:

Nice, though Im just curious:
- what were the initial costs to set up the solar heater (price for heater, installation etc.)
- what is the lifetime of the solar panel

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2017, 04:05:39 PM »
Hi

Nice, though Im just curious:
- what were the initial costs to set up the solar heater (price for heater, installation etc.)
- what is the lifetime of the solar panel

Hi

Around 1200 / 1500$ and the company says probably 30 years... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
or 4.60$ peer month if you divide total cost / lifetime.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2017, 04:10:41 PM »
OK, so it looks like you will eventually save some money :D Though I would not be so optimistic, these panels usually last more like 15 years

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »
OK, so it looks like you will eventually save some money :D Though I would not be so optimistic, these panels usually last more like 15 years

Thats why I didn´t get the panels, only vacuum tubes...this new kind of heater generation is amazing, check this out:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPt93nX8iwI[/youtube]

Even with snow and down temperatures you can generate hot water enough to use at home... \:D/

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »

no more updates?  :roll: 8-)

Offline rosegeek

• Laketown PWS
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2019, 02:44:25 PM »
The Davis console and associated streaming hardware is hidden in the basement.  I use an old Nexus 10 Tablet running "Weather Station (Beta) for Android.  It sits in a prominent spot in the kitchen and co-located with Google Home Max and Charging Station.  My wife appreciates the look - no ugly hardware in her kitchen!

Davis VP2, Meteobridge TPLink, PWS linked to Rachio Sprinkler System.
http://weather.gloryhomemi.com
http://weatherconsole.gloryhomemi.com

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
The Davis console and associated streaming hardware is hidden in the basement.  I use an old Nexus 10 Tablet running "Weather Station (Beta) for Android.  It sits in a prominent spot in the kitchen and co-located with Google Home Max and Charging Station.  My wife appreciates the look - no ugly hardware in her kitchen!

Awesome setup, some questions: Can I use this app on android 4.4? where can I get it? I have an old samsung tablet over here, are u using this 24/7 plugged in the receptacle? does it overheat or any problem?

Offline rosegeek

• Laketown PWS
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2019, 04:03:34 PM »
Search the Play Store for "Weather Station" by Dromosys.  My Nexus 10 has 5.1.1 so can't say if it works with 4.4, but just try it.  I removed all other apps from the Nexus 10, keep it plugged in and reduce brightness to 50% or so.  It runs pretty reliable, no thermal issues, but sometimes need to restart the App.
Davis VP2, Meteobridge TPLink, PWS linked to Rachio Sprinkler System.
http://weather.gloryhomemi.com
http://weatherconsole.gloryhomemi.com

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »
Search the Play Store for "Weather Station" by Dromosys.  My Nexus 10 has 5.1.1 so can't say if it works with 4.4, but just try it.  I removed all other apps from the Nexus 10, keep it plugged in and reduce brightness to 50% or so.  It runs pretty reliable, no thermal issues, but sometimes need to restart the App.

I got the app, I will try to set it and see how it handle  :roll: