Author Topic: WiFilogger to arris WiFi cable modem connection problem  (Read 791 times)

Offline Ag3t

WiFilogger to arris WiFi cable modem connection problem
« on: February 22, 2020, 02:57:31 PM »
How do I connect my logger to my modem? To log in I have a 12 digit preshared key. I can’t find where to enter this in the setup menu.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Re: WiFilogger to arris WiFi cable modem connection problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 03:45:08 PM »
How do I connect my logger to my modem? To log in I have a 12 digit preshared key. I can’t find where to enter this in the setup menu.

If you have access to HTML web pages with WiFiLogger menu, then SETUP -> WiFi Setup
If something went wrong and you are lack of wifi.html file. Please open http://YOUR_WFL_IP_ADDRESS/simplewifi
In setup mode it is http://192.168.4.1/simplewifi

Offline Ag3t

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 07:55:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am able to enter and save the information, however the connection status goes from n/a to idle without showing connected. The logger does not show up on my router’s connected device list.  When I first installed the logger and configured for my old DSL router it took several attempts to get it to work properly. Once it did connect it worked flawlessly. My logger is the older version. The box end has the following:  Hw:1.04.  Sw:1.24.  Not quite sure what to do next.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 05:27:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am able to enter and save the information, however the connection status goes from n/a to idle without showing connected. The logger does not show up on my router’s connected device list.  When I first installed the logger and configured for my old DSL router it took several attempts to get it to work properly. Once it did connect it worked flawlessly. My logger is the older version. The box end has the following:  Hw:1.04.  Sw:1.24.  Not quite sure what to do next.

It would be good if you update your firmware to 2.26 which is much more robust.
Because you have version 1.24, then it is little more complicated that normal firmware update.
After firmware update. Please contact me on email: support@wifilogger.net I will help you with this.

What to do next?
In general users use WiFiLogger to send weather data to WeatherLink.com and to WeatherUnderground websites.
You need to have account on both. You have to generate station identification data on both, then those IDs you have to put into your WiFiLogger, which will start to export your data to those sites.

Offline Ag3t

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 11:02:37 PM »
Thanks Wifilogger for resolving my connection issues. Great product and terrific service.

anything