Weather Related Organizations > CWOP Forum

How to contact Phillip Gladstone

(1/2) > >>

rlee171:
Greetings,

I receive an email every week from gladstonefamily.net that my elevation is incorrect. I have replied many times with the correct information.
At the the bottom of my CWOP page their is a link to contact Phillip Gladstone, when clicked I receive the following email address:

wx-site-e1823-60mkob9jnv46do7ai9reu@nospam.gladstonefamily.net <wx-site-e1823-60mkob9jnv46do7ai9reu@nospam.gladstonefamily.net

That is not a good address. Also right below it it says: last modified Sunday, 28 February 2016.

The weekly Quality check emails stating to correct my elevation are getting annoying. Today I received an email from leigh.k.cheatwood@noaa.gov stating I need to correct my elevation. I replied to her that I send Phillip an email regularly but the information is not getting updated, nor can I get a reply just emailing Phillip and asking him to contact me.

Does anyone know the current contact info for Phillip or the gladstonefamily.net?

Thanks,

Ralph

CW2274:
I think this site has been on "auto-pilot" for years. Your date listed is as good as any. If it were me, I'd block the email and move on.

galfert:
You don't need Phillip to fix this problem.

All you have to do is send an email to CWOP-support at noaa.gov and provide your CWOP ID and tell them that you would like to correct your station elevation. And you provide them with the correct information in meters which should be around 140 meters. Do not send information in feet.

You should also send a second email with the same information to MesoWest.

Gladstonefamily.net information will get automatically updated when you do as I've stated.

rlee171:
Thanks galfert...   Will do.

jcookjr82:

--- Quote from: galfert on March 24, 2021, 07:13:00 AM ---You don't need Phillip to fix this problem.

All you have to do is send an email to CWOP-support at noaa.gov and provide your CWOP ID and tell them that you would like to correct your station elevation. And you provide them with the correct information in meters which should be around 140 meters. Do not send information in feet.

You should also send a second email with the same information to MesoWest.

Gladstonefamily.net information will get automatically updated when you do as I've stated.

--- End quote ---

What source does CWOP/NOAA use for elevation? For example, I just registered my station at our cabin that I just installed. The ones that match my home elevation I used for the cabin. CWOP page says it is off by 57 feet (4,167 vs their 4220 estimation). I did ask Leigh about this but never received a response about the elevation, just to correct the lat, long slightly in my software, which it was already correct, just the point on the CWOP map was off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version